Craiglist Ad Selling Kurt Cobain's Items Revealed as Hoax
A Craiglist listing surfaced earlier this week, offering some items such as old skis, phone and a broken video games which were claimed to be Kurt Cobain's. The offer, however, is a hoax. Sub Pop receptionist Derek Erdman is actually the one who claimed to be Cobain's former housemate who wanted to get rid of the items.
"I was supposed to be working on something else that I haven't been able to get into, so I created a diversion," Erdman said in an interview with Revolt TV. "A few hours later I did an interview with CBC radio about it. Later that night I met a TV news crew (with cameras!) at the aforementioned Safeway for an interview, but they called my bluff and asked for ID. I told them that I was a one time bass player for 90s band Gruntruck. They didn't buy it, and they were visibly not happy about me wasting their time, I was wearing a flannel shirt though."
Erdman previously claimed to be a former member of band Gruntruck named Alex. He wrote, "I used to live with Kurt Cobain back in the 90s and I have been holding on to a bunch of his stuff that he left in a box when he moved out. He owed us rent and said he would get the box when he came back and gave us money but he never came back, then when he was famous he never really talked to any of us again because [Courtney Love] never liked us but shes a d**k so no hard feelings."
The offered items included a Swatch twin phone for $55, used Atomic Ark skis for $80 and a damaged TOMY Kingman game for $25. When asked about reaction he received after posting the ad, Erdman said, "They want them bad," especially the video game and skis. The artist added that he did not have the stuff and the photos were just images he found on the internet.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier