John Travolta Finally Speaks on Idina Menzel Oscars Flub
John Travolta finally addressed the mistake he made during the Sunday, March 2 ceremony of the Oscars in which he mispronounced Idina Menzel's name. The 60-year-old actor confessed to taking a beating out of himself all day before letting it go.
Travolta was on the task to introduce Menzel's performance of "Frozen (2013)" soundtrack when he flubbed her name, calling the singer "Adele Dazeem". He had since been ridiculed online by both fans and fellow celebrities such as Rosie O'Donnell and the hosts of late night shows. The incident also spawned a widget that allows people to "Travoltify" their names. Jessica Biel and Anna Kendrick have tried out the app.
In a statement to E! Online, Travolta said, "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought, what would Idina Menzel say? She'd say, let it go, let it go! Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy Frozen took home two Oscars Sunday night!"
Rumor has it, Menzel was taking it easy as well. According to E!, the Tony-winning singer hugged Travolta backstage after her performance and laughed it off. "She thought it was funny," a source said. "She was like, 'What are you going to do?' "
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7