John Travolta Finally Speaks on Idina Menzel Oscars Flub
John Travolta finally addressed the mistake he made during the Sunday, March 2 ceremony of the Oscars in which he mispronounced Idina Menzel's name. The 60-year-old actor confessed to taking a beating out of himself all day before letting it go.
Travolta was on the task to introduce Menzel's performance of "Frozen (2013)" soundtrack when he flubbed her name, calling the singer "Adele Dazeem". He had since been ridiculed online by both fans and fellow celebrities such as Rosie O'Donnell and the hosts of late night shows. The incident also spawned a widget that allows people to "Travoltify" their names. Jessica Biel and Anna Kendrick have tried out the app.
In a statement to E! Online, Travolta said, "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought, what would Idina Menzel say? She'd say, let it go, let it go! Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy Frozen took home two Oscars Sunday night!"
Rumor has it, Menzel was taking it easy as well. According to E!, the Tony-winning singer hugged Travolta backstage after her performance and laughed it off. "She thought it was funny," a source said. "She was like, 'What are you going to do?' "
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy