John Travolta Finally Speaks on Idina Menzel Oscars Flub
John Travolta finally addressed the mistake he made during the Sunday, March 2 ceremony of the Oscars in which he mispronounced Idina Menzel's name. The 60-year-old actor confessed to taking a beating out of himself all day before letting it go.
Travolta was on the task to introduce Menzel's performance of "Frozen (2013)" soundtrack when he flubbed her name, calling the singer "Adele Dazeem". He had since been ridiculed online by both fans and fellow celebrities such as Rosie O'Donnell and the hosts of late night shows. The incident also spawned a widget that allows people to "Travoltify" their names. Jessica Biel and Anna Kendrick have tried out the app.
In a statement to E! Online, Travolta said, "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought, what would Idina Menzel say? She'd say, let it go, let it go! Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy Frozen took home two Oscars Sunday night!"
Rumor has it, Menzel was taking it easy as well. According to E!, the Tony-winning singer hugged Travolta backstage after her performance and laughed it off. "She thought it was funny," a source said. "She was like, 'What are you going to do?' "
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper