John Travolta Finally Speaks on Idina Menzel Oscars Flub
John Travolta finally addressed the mistake he made during the Sunday, March 2 ceremony of the Oscars in which he mispronounced Idina Menzel's name. The 60-year-old actor confessed to taking a beating out of himself all day before letting it go.
Travolta was on the task to introduce Menzel's performance of "Frozen (2013)" soundtrack when he flubbed her name, calling the singer "Adele Dazeem". He had since been ridiculed online by both fans and fellow celebrities such as Rosie O'Donnell and the hosts of late night shows. The incident also spawned a widget that allows people to "Travoltify" their names. Jessica Biel and Anna Kendrick have tried out the app.
In a statement to E! Online, Travolta said, "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought, what would Idina Menzel say? She'd say, let it go, let it go! Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy Frozen took home two Oscars Sunday night!"
Rumor has it, Menzel was taking it easy as well. According to E!, the Tony-winning singer hugged Travolta backstage after her performance and laughed it off. "She thought it was funny," a source said. "She was like, 'What are you going to do?' "
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie