John Travolta Finally Speaks on Idina Menzel Oscars Flub
John Travolta finally addressed the mistake he made during the Sunday, March 2 ceremony of the Oscars in which he mispronounced Idina Menzel's name. The 60-year-old actor confessed to taking a beating out of himself all day before letting it go.
Travolta was on the task to introduce Menzel's performance of "Frozen (2013)" soundtrack when he flubbed her name, calling the singer "Adele Dazeem". He had since been ridiculed online by both fans and fellow celebrities such as Rosie O'Donnell and the hosts of late night shows. The incident also spawned a widget that allows people to "Travoltify" their names. Jessica Biel and Anna Kendrick have tried out the app.
In a statement to E! Online, Travolta said, "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought, what would Idina Menzel say? She'd say, let it go, let it go! Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy Frozen took home two Oscars Sunday night!"
Rumor has it, Menzel was taking it easy as well. According to E!, the Tony-winning singer hugged Travolta backstage after her performance and laughed it off. "She thought it was funny," a source said. "She was like, 'What are you going to do?' "
More John Travolta News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media