Celine Dion's Husband Recovering After Throat Cancer Surgery
Celine Dion's husband Rene Angelil is resting at home in Las Vegas following a surgery to remove tumor from his throat. A representative for the singer confirmed in a statement that Angelil underwent the surgery on December 23. According to the statement, the procedure was "successful" and he was released from the hospital a few days later.
Dion additionally said of her husband's recovery, "I don't want Rene to stress out with work-related issues. I want him to focus on getting back to 100 percent. I've been doing my shows at the Colosseum and everything's under control." She continued, "At home we've been spending a lot of quality time with the family. We feel very fortunate that we've been able to get the best care possible and we thank God every day for helping us to get through this ordeal."
Angelil was first diagnosed with throat cancer in 1999. At that time, Dion took a break from her career to support him. "Rene needed me with what he's been through, and I felt good about it. I can do something good, not only through music, but I can be a woman at home. I can be his wife. I can make a difference in his life," she said in an interview with Barbara Walters back then.
Dion and Angelil, who is 26 yeas her senior, first met when she was 12. The couple got married in 1994. They have three children together.
More Celine Dion News
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now