Celine Dion's Husband Recovering After Throat Cancer Surgery
Celine Dion's husband Rene Angelil is resting at home in Las Vegas following a surgery to remove tumor from his throat. A representative for the singer confirmed in a statement that Angelil underwent the surgery on December 23. According to the statement, the procedure was "successful" and he was released from the hospital a few days later.
Dion additionally said of her husband's recovery, "I don't want Rene to stress out with work-related issues. I want him to focus on getting back to 100 percent. I've been doing my shows at the Colosseum and everything's under control." She continued, "At home we've been spending a lot of quality time with the family. We feel very fortunate that we've been able to get the best care possible and we thank God every day for helping us to get through this ordeal."
Angelil was first diagnosed with throat cancer in 1999. At that time, Dion took a break from her career to support him. "Rene needed me with what he's been through, and I felt good about it. I can do something good, not only through music, but I can be a woman at home. I can be his wife. I can make a difference in his life," she said in an interview with Barbara Walters back then.
Dion and Angelil, who is 26 yeas her senior, first met when she was 12. The couple got married in 1994. They have three children together.
More Celine Dion News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'