Taylor Swift Obtains Restraining Order Against Alleged Stalker
An alleged stalker who allegedly has been bothering Taylor Swift since 2011 has been ordered to stay 100 yards away from the pop star and her family. According to a court document obtained by TMZ, the "Red" singer claimed that the man, Timothy Sweet, sent numerous messages to profess his love via letter, Twitter and e-mail.
"If anyone in Taylor Swift's family gets killed, it is not my fault," one of the messages allegedly read. In another message, Sweet claimed that Swift was his wife. "My wife, Taylor Swift (Sweet) and I live in Beverly Hills. I am in love with her. In conclusion, we treat each other with dignity and respect. I will carry a gun to protect her the rest of my life," he allegedly wrote.
The man allegedly added that he would kill anyone who were against their "marriage." Another message read, "Dearest Taylor, I'll kill any man who gets in the way of our marriage. Message to John Kerry, Secretary of State. Message from YOUR Presidential Candidate."
Swift was most recently seen at the Oscars party this weekend. The "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer was at the Weinstein party which took place at the Montage Beverly Hills Hotel on Saturday night and reportedly met her ex-boyfriend Harry Styles at the bash.
"People may think that Harry and Taylor are not speaking or are not friends, but that's very much not the case," a source told E! News. "They've stayed in touch and were speaking for a while [at the party]. People think they don't talk but they're friends and on good terms. There are no bad feelings between them whatsoever."
"He likes being in L.A. because it's easier for him to go out and go unnoticed than it is for him in London," the source added of the One Direction member. "He wants a serious girlfriend, but just can't find anyone he feels can deal with the life that he leads right now."
More Taylor Swift News
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single