Video: Ed Sheeran Joins Elton John to Perform 'Candle in the Wind' at Oscars Party
Ed Sheeran took the stage at the 22nd annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party on Sunday night, March 2. The 23-year-old redhead joined John to perform a special rendition of the veteran entertainer's "Candle in the Wind".
Dressed casually in a black shirt and a pair of jeans, Sheeran sang while playing his guitar. Meanwhile, John performed while sitting at a piano. They played the classic for audience members that included A-listers like Britney Spears, Kim Kardashian, Heidi Klum, Ashley Greene and Neil Patrick Harris.
Sheeran and John are no stranger to singing onstage together. They previously joined forces for the live performance of Sheeran's hit single, "The A Team", at the 2013 Grammy Awards.
Prior to the performance at the viewing party, Sheeran and John posed for a picture on the event's red carpet. The "Lego House" singer then took to Instagram to post the photo that sees him donning glasses and standing next to the 66-year-old star who looks barely noticeable without his signature shades. "Real life face swap," Sheeran captioned the pic.
More Elton John News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy