'The Voice' Recap: Blake Shelton Does the Moonwalk, Usher Pushes the Button With Foot
"The Voice" coaches added more singers to their teams on the third part of Blind Auditions. Blake Shelton scored Ryan Whyte Maloney, the first contestant who performed in the March 3 episode, beating the other three coaches who also pushed the button for the Vegas singer. Ryan said his son would want him to choose Team Blake, and so he did. The country crooner celebrated it with a moonwalk.
De'Shawn Washington, a 23-year-old college dropout from a small town in Louisiana, got Shakira to turn her chair and joined her team by default. Adam Levine and Usher fought over Sam Behymer. The former found the 25-year-old nanny weird, wonderful and different from anyone else's, while Usher claimed he knew how to encourage individuality. Sam chose Team Adam.
Brothers Walker, who consists of twins Coty & Clinton Walker, sang Zac Brown Band's "Keep Me in Mind", but Blake said he didn't think they're a country music duo. Instead, it was Usher who turned around in the last minute when his foot hit the buzzer.
Also getting four-chair turns was Clarissa Serna who did "Zombie" by The Cranberries. Shakira's excitement lured Clarissa to join her team. The Colombian songstress also nabbed Lindsay Pagano who sang "Lady Marmalade".
Adam won Patrick Thomson over Blake after convincing him that Blake's "going to make you gargle with broken glass!" The Maroon 5 frontman also added Joshua Howard to his team.
Usher and Shakira turned around for Melissa Jimenez who sang "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys. Blake said he tried to turn around too, but Usher's jaw was on the floor and it got in the way. Melissa felt the same connection that Usher did and chose to be on his team. Usher also found "diamond in the rough" in 19-year-old pop singer Tanner James.
Sisaundra Lewis got the last four-chair turns that night following her passionate performance of Aretha Franklin's "Ain't No Way". The mother of 3 was a vocal director for Celine Dion. Blake said, "I would buy your record if it came out tomorrow," and Adam claimed she could be better under his tutelage. In the end, she chose Blake as her coach.
More The Voice News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'