Zoe Saldana in Talks to Play Eartha Kitt in Biopic
Zoe Saldana could play the iconic Eartha Kitt on the big screen. The Telegram learns that the "Avatar" actress is in negotiations to portray the lead role in a biopic about the late "Santa Baby" hitmaker who died at 81 from colon cancer in 2008.
The movie is expected to depict Kitt's rise to fame and obstacles including the time when she suffered a substantial professional setback in 1960s. She opposed the war in Vietnam and reportedly made Lady Bird Johnson burst into tears with her criticisms during a White House luncheon.
Her anti-war statements led to a derailment in her career, which prompted her to concentrate her performances in Europe and Asia.
The plan to bring Kitt's story to the big screen is still in early development. No director is announced for the project.
Saldana was last seen in "Out of the Furnace" last year and will next play Gamora in "Guardians of the Galaxy". She has also landed a lead role in a Nina Simone biopic, "Nina", and is set to reprise her role as princess Neytiri in "Avatar 2".
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage