Zoe Saldana in Talks to Play Eartha Kitt in Biopic
Zoe Saldana could play the iconic Eartha Kitt on the big screen. The Telegram learns that the "Avatar" actress is in negotiations to portray the lead role in a biopic about the late "Santa Baby" hitmaker who died at 81 from colon cancer in 2008.
The movie is expected to depict Kitt's rise to fame and obstacles including the time when she suffered a substantial professional setback in 1960s. She opposed the war in Vietnam and reportedly made Lady Bird Johnson burst into tears with her criticisms during a White House luncheon.
Her anti-war statements led to a derailment in her career, which prompted her to concentrate her performances in Europe and Asia.
The plan to bring Kitt's story to the big screen is still in early development. No director is announced for the project.
Saldana was last seen in "Out of the Furnace" last year and will next play Gamora in "Guardians of the Galaxy". She has also landed a lead role in a Nina Simone biopic, "Nina", and is set to reprise her role as princess Neytiri in "Avatar 2".
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI