Liza Minnelli Missed Ellen DeGeneres' All-Star Selfie at the Oscars
Liza Minnelli tried to get into Ellen DeGeneres' star-studded selfie at the Oscars on Sunday, March 2, but she failed. The actress, who attended the awards show wearing a blue dress with a blue streak on her hair, can be seen standing behind the stars in a photo which was taken by Wall Street Journal reporter Ben Fritz from the balcony of the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
A Twitter user commented on the photo, "Poor Liza (in blue). Too short & missed selfie of all time." Minnelli herself has responded to the photo via a spokesperson, saying, "This picture explains why I never played basketball."
DeGeneres' selfie at the ceremony briefly crashed Twitter due to the high traffic. The selfie, which features stars such as Jennifer Lawrence, Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Bradley Cooper, Kevin Spacey and Brad Pitt among others, has become the most retweeted post after getting more than 1 million retweets in less than an hour.
As reported by The Hollywood Reporters, producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron revealed that only a few people, including Streep, who knew that DeGeneres would approach the audience and interact with them. "A couple of people knew Ellen was going to come out and talk to them. Meryl said, 'Great, let's have fun.' But it was all improvised to a degree. When Ellen was planning the selfie, she thought it would be Meryl, and maybe [Julia Roberts]. I don't think she anticipated that all those stars would get out of their seats and surround them," Zadan explained.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake