Arnold Schwarzenegger Discusses 'Terminator: Genesis' as Possible Plot Emerges
Arnold Schwarzenegger confirms in a new interview that "Terminator: Genesis" will start filming soon. "We start filming in April and it will be a four-and-a-half month long shoot," says the former Governor of California who is set to reprise his role as the titular cyborg.
The actor tells The Arnold Fans, "Most of it will be done in New Orleans, with some filming in San Francisco and maybe a little in LA. The last Terminator was when I was Governor and so I couldn't be in that movie, but now I'm back again and they are very excited about having me in the film."
"[Producer] David Ellison has plenty of money to do it well, in partnership with Paramount Pictures who are going to release the movie through their distribution. It's going to come out on the July 4th weekend in 2015. The preparation is going well and the script is fantastic, so I'm really looking forward to it!"
The plotline is still under wraps, but it reportedly draws comparison to "Back to the Future 2". Rumor suggests it will revisit the events of the original 1984 film and the sequel "Terminator 2: Judgment Day", and will have a third time period in the future.
According a source from Moviehole, [SPOILER ALERT] "the Terminator from the future will arrive on earth, attack some punks and then slaughter his way through a bunch of Sarah Connors' until he finds the correct target." Kyle Reese reportedly volunteers to go back to 1984 and save Sarah, like he did first time around, but everything will play out differently in this movie.
Aside from bringing back the terminator and the human trio; Kyle, Sarah and John Connor, the upcoming reboot will allegedly see other characters from the James Cameron original, like Detective Hal Vukovich, Lieutenant Ed Traxler, Sarah's roommate Ginger, returning as well.
The film is due July 1, 2015. Alan Taylor ("Thor: The Dark World") is tapped to sit behind the lens. Emilia Clarke will play Sarah, Jason Clarke will star as her son John, and Jai Courtney will play his father Kylie.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'