Pharrell Williams' Grammy Hat Sold for $44,100
Pharrell Williams' hat which he wore at the Grammy Awards earlier this year has found a new owner. Williams announced in a Twitter post on Sunday, March 2 that the hat was sold for $44,100 in an eBay auction.
"Thank you to whoever bought my Grammy hat on @eBay for $44,100. Your donation benefits From One Hand to Another," Williams tweeted. Restaurant chain Arby's replied to the post, "You're welcome. We're HAPPY to support a great cause & get our hat back. Good luck at the #Oscars tonight!" The singer/producer then responded to the post, writing, "What a pleasant surprise. Thank you @Arbys, our roast beef is now officially well done."
Shortly after Williams wore the hat at the 2014 Grammy Awards in late January, the mountain hat got its own Twitter account. Back then, Arby's noted the hat's similarities to their logo and jokingly tweeted to the "Happy" singer, "Hey @Pharrell, can we have our hat back?" The singer/producer announced the auction in late February.
Williams performed his song "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2", which was nominated for Best Original Song, at the Oscars on Sunday while wearing a similar hat. Ellen DeGeneres, who called a pizza delivery guy to the event, used the Vivienne Westwood hat to collect money for his tip.
.@Pharrell You're welcome. We're HAPPY to support a great cause & get our hat back. Good luck at the
More Pharrell Williams News
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'