Pharrell Williams' Grammy Hat Sold for $44,100
Pharrell Williams' hat which he wore at the Grammy Awards earlier this year has found a new owner. Williams announced in a Twitter post on Sunday, March 2 that the hat was sold for $44,100 in an eBay auction.
"Thank you to whoever bought my Grammy hat on @eBay for $44,100. Your donation benefits From One Hand to Another," Williams tweeted. Restaurant chain Arby's replied to the post, "You're welcome. We're HAPPY to support a great cause & get our hat back. Good luck at the #Oscars tonight!" The singer/producer then responded to the post, writing, "What a pleasant surprise. Thank you @Arbys, our roast beef is now officially well done."
Shortly after Williams wore the hat at the 2014 Grammy Awards in late January, the mountain hat got its own Twitter account. Back then, Arby's noted the hat's similarities to their logo and jokingly tweeted to the "Happy" singer, "Hey @Pharrell, can we have our hat back?" The singer/producer announced the auction in late February.
Williams performed his song "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2", which was nominated for Best Original Song, at the Oscars on Sunday while wearing a similar hat. Ellen DeGeneres, who called a pizza delivery guy to the event, used the Vivienne Westwood hat to collect money for his tip.
More Pharrell Williams News
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards