Pharrell Williams' Grammy Hat Sold for $44,100
Pharrell Williams' hat which he wore at the Grammy Awards earlier this year has found a new owner. Williams announced in a Twitter post on Sunday, March 2 that the hat was sold for $44,100 in an eBay auction.
"Thank you to whoever bought my Grammy hat on @eBay for $44,100. Your donation benefits From One Hand to Another," Williams tweeted. Restaurant chain Arby's replied to the post, "You're welcome. We're HAPPY to support a great cause & get our hat back. Good luck at the #Oscars tonight!" The singer/producer then responded to the post, writing, "What a pleasant surprise. Thank you @Arbys, our roast beef is now officially well done."
Shortly after Williams wore the hat at the 2014 Grammy Awards in late January, the mountain hat got its own Twitter account. Back then, Arby's noted the hat's similarities to their logo and jokingly tweeted to the "Happy" singer, "Hey @Pharrell, can we have our hat back?" The singer/producer announced the auction in late February.
Williams performed his song "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2", which was nominated for Best Original Song, at the Oscars on Sunday while wearing a similar hat. Ellen DeGeneres, who called a pizza delivery guy to the event, used the Vivienne Westwood hat to collect money for his tip.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill