R. Kelly Readies 'White Panties', Talks Possible Collaboration Album With Mary J. Blige
Just a few months after releasing "Black Panties", R. Kelly already has a plan to drop a follow-up album. The singer made the revelation about the new record during an interview with V Magazine, which is on newsstands now.
"It's called White Panties," Kelly announced the title of the sequel to "Black Panties", which peaked at No. 4 on Billboard 200 following its arrival in December. "And you can expect a whole other level," he added.
In the interview, Kelly also talked about why he wanted to work with artists like 2 Chainz and Future. "When I'm in the studio, I let my music and my lyrics do a kind of casting call," he explained.
"My music feels like a movie to me. I can hear in my head who should be on the song, and then I make a call. With 2 Chainz and Future, these guys respect my music and I respect what they do, so it's just like a hand going into a glove," he continued.
He went on talking about possible collaboration with Mary J. Blige, who is joining him on the upcoming "King & Queen" tour. "I'm in the studio right now working on a song for me and Mary. I'm even looking forward to proposing that we do a whole album together. But this is the first I've mentioned it. The 'King & Queen' album," he said.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle