R. Kelly Readies 'White Panties', Talks Possible Collaboration Album With Mary J. Blige
Just a few months after releasing "Black Panties", R. Kelly already has a plan to drop a follow-up album. The singer made the revelation about the new record during an interview with V Magazine, which is on newsstands now.
"It's called White Panties," Kelly announced the title of the sequel to "Black Panties", which peaked at No. 4 on Billboard 200 following its arrival in December. "And you can expect a whole other level," he added.
In the interview, Kelly also talked about why he wanted to work with artists like 2 Chainz and Future. "When I'm in the studio, I let my music and my lyrics do a kind of casting call," he explained.
"My music feels like a movie to me. I can hear in my head who should be on the song, and then I make a call. With 2 Chainz and Future, these guys respect my music and I respect what they do, so it's just like a hand going into a glove," he continued.
He went on talking about possible collaboration with Mary J. Blige, who is joining him on the upcoming "King & Queen" tour. "I'm in the studio right now working on a song for me and Mary. I'm even looking forward to proposing that we do a whole album together. But this is the first I've mentioned it. The 'King & Queen' album," he said.
More R. Kelly News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says