R. Kelly Readies 'White Panties', Talks Possible Collaboration Album With Mary J. Blige
Just a few months after releasing "Black Panties", R. Kelly already has a plan to drop a follow-up album. The singer made the revelation about the new record during an interview with V Magazine, which is on newsstands now.
"It's called White Panties," Kelly announced the title of the sequel to "Black Panties", which peaked at No. 4 on Billboard 200 following its arrival in December. "And you can expect a whole other level," he added.
In the interview, Kelly also talked about why he wanted to work with artists like 2 Chainz and Future. "When I'm in the studio, I let my music and my lyrics do a kind of casting call," he explained.
"My music feels like a movie to me. I can hear in my head who should be on the song, and then I make a call. With 2 Chainz and Future, these guys respect my music and I respect what they do, so it's just like a hand going into a glove," he continued.
He went on talking about possible collaboration with Mary J. Blige, who is joining him on the upcoming "King & Queen" tour. "I'm in the studio right now working on a song for me and Mary. I'm even looking forward to proposing that we do a whole album together. But this is the first I've mentioned it. The 'King & Queen' album," he said.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos