Lena Dunham Booked to Pen 'Archie' Comic Series
After a hit TV series, Lena Dunham now is going to try her hand at writing comics. The series creator and star of HBO's "Girls" has been tapped to write a four-part story for the "Archie" comic series.
"We sent her a box of tons of Archie books," says newly-hired Chief Creative Officer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa who recruited the Golden Globe-winning actress. "She devoured them all, and maybe a week or two later came back with her pitch."
The still-unnamed story slated to arrive in 2015 will focus on the girls of Riverdale. Aguirre-Sacasa teases that it will be "set in the Archie continuity" and is also "very contemporary," adding, "It's a classic Archie story with a definitely unique, Lena spin."
Dunham admits she's a fan of the long-running comic strip. "I was an avid Archie collector as a child," she says via press release. "Conventions, first editions that l kept in plastic sleeves, the whole shebang. It has so much cultural significance but also so much personal significance, and to get to play with these beloved characters is a wild creative opportunity."
The 27-year-old star currently stars on HBO's sitcom "Girls" which has been renewed for season 4. She has also sealed a deal to publish her first book, an essay collection called "Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned", via Random House.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?