Kanye West's DONDA Partners With Jay-Z's Roc Nation
Jay-Z's Roc Nation announces that it has partnered with Kanye West's creative company DONDA. According to a statement released on Monday, March 4, the partnership includes the "Bound 2" rapper's "international recording brand and worldwide touring ventures."
DONDA, which is named after West's late mother, was officially launched in 2011. The company was responsible for the packaging and tour design of his musical collaboration with Jay-Z "Watch the Throne" as well as the artwork of "Yeezus" album and the production of "Yeezus" tour.
The company also designed two versions of his Nike Air Yeezy sneakers. It is currently working on West's highly-anticipated new line with Adidas which is slated to debut this fall.
West's own projects aside, the company worked on record design and packaging for Lil Wayne's "I Am Not a Human Being II", Pusha T's "My Name Is My Name" and 2 Chainz's "Based on a T.R.U. Story" in addition to working with the artists for their music videos and content.
As for Roc Nation, the company was founded in 2008 and is currently managing the likes of Rihanna, Shakira, J. Cole, Timbaland, HAIM, Wale, Santigold and Melanie Fiona.
MTV noted that the new partnership with Jay-Z wouldn't affect West's G.O.O.D. Music imprint, which is currently housed under the Def Jam umbrella.
More Kanye West News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!