Kanye West's DONDA Partners With Jay-Z's Roc Nation
Jay-Z's Roc Nation announces that it has partnered with Kanye West's creative company DONDA. According to a statement released on Monday, March 4, the partnership includes the "Bound 2" rapper's "international recording brand and worldwide touring ventures."
DONDA, which is named after West's late mother, was officially launched in 2011. The company was responsible for the packaging and tour design of his musical collaboration with Jay-Z "Watch the Throne" as well as the artwork of "Yeezus" album and the production of "Yeezus" tour.
The company also designed two versions of his Nike Air Yeezy sneakers. It is currently working on West's highly-anticipated new line with Adidas which is slated to debut this fall.
West's own projects aside, the company worked on record design and packaging for Lil Wayne's "I Am Not a Human Being II", Pusha T's "My Name Is My Name" and 2 Chainz's "Based on a T.R.U. Story" in addition to working with the artists for their music videos and content.
As for Roc Nation, the company was founded in 2008 and is currently managing the likes of Rihanna, Shakira, J. Cole, Timbaland, HAIM, Wale, Santigold and Melanie Fiona.
MTV noted that the new partnership with Jay-Z wouldn't affect West's G.O.O.D. Music imprint, which is currently housed under the Def Jam umbrella.
More Kanye West News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?