Chris Evans Plans Hiatus From Acting After His Marvel Contract Ends
"Captain America: The First Avenger" actor Chris Evans reveals his plan after his contract with Marvel comes to a close. The hunky star tells Glamour in an interview that he's thinking about taking a break after he completes his obligation with the studio.
The actor has been interested in directing lately. His directorial debut "1:30 Train", which revolves around a woman who is robbed on her way to catch a train, is currently in post-production. He plays the male lead opposite actress Alice Eve.
"I think when I'm done with this Marvel contract, I'll take a little break from acting, with acting, you're one piece in a very big puzzle. It's like you helped buy a gift but you don't know what the gift is, so you come back and see the movie," he says.
"Sometimes it's nice, sometimes it's tragic. This process [directing], you're involved in every single decision. If I hadn't done it, I'd be really kicking myself. At the time, it was a daunting task for a number of reasons, but in hindsight it was the right move."
Of the Captain America role which he initially turned down, Evans says, "He doesn't have demons. He's not Batman, he doesn't struggle with inner turmoil. The nature of this character is that he puts himself last and helps the common good."
He continues, "So he could easily slip into a world of boredom. The blessing and curse of Captain America is that he doesn't have that fancy an ability. He doesn't live in another world, or turn green. He doesn't have bells and whistles, he doesn't shoot missiles. He punches and kicks."
Evans is expected to reprise his superhero role in the upcoming "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and then "Avengers: Age of Ultron". The former is due April 4 in the U.S., while the latter will not arrive until May 1, 2015.
More Chris Evans News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media