Chris Evans Plans Hiatus From Acting After His Marvel Contract Ends
"Captain America: The First Avenger" actor Chris Evans reveals his plan after his contract with Marvel comes to a close. The hunky star tells Glamour in an interview that he's thinking about taking a break after he completes his obligation with the studio.
The actor has been interested in directing lately. His directorial debut "1:30 Train", which revolves around a woman who is robbed on her way to catch a train, is currently in post-production. He plays the male lead opposite actress Alice Eve.
"I think when I'm done with this Marvel contract, I'll take a little break from acting, with acting, you're one piece in a very big puzzle. It's like you helped buy a gift but you don't know what the gift is, so you come back and see the movie," he says.
"Sometimes it's nice, sometimes it's tragic. This process [directing], you're involved in every single decision. If I hadn't done it, I'd be really kicking myself. At the time, it was a daunting task for a number of reasons, but in hindsight it was the right move."
Of the Captain America role which he initially turned down, Evans says, "He doesn't have demons. He's not Batman, he doesn't struggle with inner turmoil. The nature of this character is that he puts himself last and helps the common good."
He continues, "So he could easily slip into a world of boredom. The blessing and curse of Captain America is that he doesn't have that fancy an ability. He doesn't live in another world, or turn green. He doesn't have bells and whistles, he doesn't shoot missiles. He punches and kicks."
Evans is expected to reprise his superhero role in the upcoming "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and then "Avengers: Age of Ultron". The former is due April 4 in the U.S., while the latter will not arrive until May 1, 2015.
More Chris Evans News
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift