Pizza Delivery Guy at the Oscars Gets $1,000 Tip From Ellen DeGeneres
Ellen DeGeneres has given a $1,000 tip to the man who delivered pizza at the 2014 Oscars on Sunday, March 2. The man, Edgar Martirosyan, appeared in a Monday episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" to talk about the Oscar night.
"You thought you were going to bring them (the pizzas) to some producers? What did they tell you?" DeGeneres asked. "Yeah, they told me I'm just going to deliver for writers and then when I was there they just told me wait here and you came out...and you said I'm going to let you know when to follow me and I was like, we're we going," the pizzaria owner recalled. "You said just follow me and I'm going then I'm on a stage... I was in shock."
DeGeneres and Martirosyan previously went to audience members' area as they delivered the pizzas to the likes of Brad Pitt, Jared Leto and Meryl Streep. DeGeneres then said that she did not have money to pay the delivery man. "I don't have any money," DeGeneres said at the show. "Sandy? You've got a lot of money. You can tip him, right?" she asked Sandra Bullock, before asking Miramax film studio executive Harvey Weinstein.
DeGeneres managed to collect some money in Pharrell Williams' famous hat for the tip, but the pizza guy had left. "So you left before, I wanted to get you a tip and I passed Pharrell's hat around and I ended up getting around $600 something like that," DeGeneres said on the talk show. "Here is some more... here is $1000. Here is a total of $1000."
As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, producers Neil Meron and Craig Zadan said that the idea of delivering pizzas at the show came from DeGeneres. "When Ellen said she wanted to do it, we said we'd hire an actor, but she said, 'No, no, no. You're not hiring an actor. I want a real pizza delivery person,' " Zadan shared. "We said that the FBI would have to do a background check. She said, 'I don't care. I want it to be real. I want this guy to walk in and not know he's going to the Academy Awards.' "
The producers originally doubted that the stars would want to eat pizza, but DeGeneres said, "Trust me. When you sit there for four hours, you are so hungry. They are going to eat the pizza, I promise you." Jamie Foxx's daughter Corinne Foxx wrote, "Thanks @TheEllenShow haha we were actually starving!!! #pizza."
Thanks @TheEllenShow haha we were actually starving!!!
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?