Little Mix Shows Off Their Athletic Side in 'Word Up' Music Video
Little Mix has just dropped the music video for "Word Up". Jesy Nelson, Perrie Edwards, Jade Thirlwall and Leigh-Anne Pinnock are featured hitting the gym and showing off their athletic side in the three-and-a-half-minute clip.
Donning their workout gears, the ladies break some sweat on the treadmill and exercise bikes. They play fitness instructors as they perform some stretches and dance energetically with some gym goers that include Olympic gymnast Louis Smith.
Other stars who make cameo appearances in the clip include former Spice Girls member Melanie C who joins the girls for a dance session, former "Strictly Come Dancing" judge Arlene Phillips, Olympic cyclist Victoria Pendleton and Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw.
"Word Up" is originally performed by funk group Cameo. The cover version by Little Mix has been confirmed as a single for this year's Sport Relief, a sport charity event to raise money and awareness to people both in the U.K. and the world's poorest countries.
Previous Sport Relief singles include Spice Girls' "Mama", McFly's "Don't Stop Me Now", Leona Lewis' "Better in Time" and One Direction's "One Way or Another (Teenage Kicks)".
Little Mix released their second album "Salute" in the U.S. earlier this year. The former contestants of U.K.'s "The X Factor" are currently supporting Demi Lovato for the North American leg of her "Neon Lights" tour.
Little Mix's "Word Up" music video
More Little Mix News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son