Brad Pitt Says He 'Cleaned Dog Poop' Before the Oscars
Brad Pitt collected Best Picture trophy for "12 Years a Slave" at the Oscars which took place at Hollywood's Dolby Theatre on Sunday, March 2. The actor, however, admitted that he started the Oscar day in a less-glamorous way.
Speaking to reporters at the backstage, Pitt shared that he had to clean up his bedroom that morning. "I cleaned up dog poop today," he said of how he prepared for the event, as quoted by New York Daily News. The actor/producer then went on talking about the film, saying, "I love this movie. It's a heroic story of a man in an inhumane situation trying to get back to his family."
"It's important that we understand our history, not for any kind of guilt, but so we can better understand who we were, so we can better understand who we are," he continued. "At the end of the day, we just hope this film remains a gentle reminder that we're all equal, we all want the same - we want dignity and opportunity for ourselves and our family. And that another's freedom is every bit as important as our own."
Pitt, who sat next to Angelina Jolie at the ceremony, was seen enjoying pizza which was shared by Ellen DeGeneres. He was also spotted kissing his "better, other-worldly half." Pitt then said of his plan after the show, "We're all going to go out together and just enjoy the time. It's been a long run. It's a very, very, very exciting moment for us."
More Brad Pitt News
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'