Coldplay Sets New Album's Release Date, Drops New Single
Just a week after dropping new track "Midnight" and its accompanying music video, Coldplay announces that their new album is coming out soon. The new record will be called "Ghost Stories" and is set to arrive on May 19 via Parlophone/Atlantic Records.
The album will feature nine tracks including "Midnight" and "Magic". The latter song will likely serve as the first proper single off "Ghost Stories". It is available for free download for fans who pre-order the forthcoming album.
Unlike Bon Iver-esque "Midnight", "Magic" sounds more like Coldplay's previous works although there's an electronic beat and an R&B-influenced melody. The British band has reportedly worked with magician Joe Labero, actor Peter Fonda and Swedish director Jonas Akerlund for the music video of this new song.
"Ghost Stories" marks Coldplay's sixth studio effort. It comes as the follow-up to their 2011 Grammy award-nominated album "Mylo Xyloto".
Chris Martin and his bandmates will support their new album with a headline slot at this year's iTunes Festival in Austin, Texas, on March 11.
"Ghost Stories" Tracklist:
- "Always In My Head"
- "True Love"
- "Another's Arms"
- "A Sky Full of Stars"
More Coldplay News
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'