Coldplay Sets New Album's Release Date, Drops New Single
Just a week after dropping new track "Midnight" and its accompanying music video, Coldplay announces that their new album is coming out soon. The new record will be called "Ghost Stories" and is set to arrive on May 19 via Parlophone/Atlantic Records.
The album will feature nine tracks including "Midnight" and "Magic". The latter song will likely serve as the first proper single off "Ghost Stories". It is available for free download for fans who pre-order the forthcoming album.
Unlike Bon Iver-esque "Midnight", "Magic" sounds more like Coldplay's previous works although there's an electronic beat and an R&B-influenced melody. The British band has reportedly worked with magician Joe Labero, actor Peter Fonda and Swedish director Jonas Akerlund for the music video of this new song.
"Ghost Stories" marks Coldplay's sixth studio effort. It comes as the follow-up to their 2011 Grammy award-nominated album "Mylo Xyloto".
Chris Martin and his bandmates will support their new album with a headline slot at this year's iTunes Festival in Austin, Texas, on March 11.
"Ghost Stories" Tracklist:
- "Always In My Head"
- "True Love"
- "Another's Arms"
- "A Sky Full of Stars"
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist