'Avengers 2' Villain Thomas Kretschmann Confirms Multi-Picture Deal With Marvel
Expect to see Thomas Kretschmann playing the villainous Baron Wolfgang von Strucker beyond "Avengers: Age of Ultron". The actor who plays Abraham van Helsing on NBC's series "Dracula" has just confirmed to B.Z. Berlin that he signed a multi-pic deal with Marvel.
"That's great of course," the 51-year-old star says. "I have a multi-picture deal which means I will not only appear in the 2nd part, but they're planning with me for a longer period of time. But I don't know details yet, they're keeping their cards close to their chest - top secret!"
When asked if the tentpole movie makes him nervous, Kretschmann says, "Oh yes, I was nervous." He admits, "I was overprepared; then on the set I went up to Joss Whedon, who passes for a genius, and said 'this is my first day, this is huge, please have patience with me, I'm a bit nervous.' "
Rumor has it, Kretschmann's character will be the "initial threat" in the upcoming movie. According to the comics, Baron Wolfgang is a former Nazi soldier who becomes one of the leaders of terrorist organization HYDRA.
"Avengers 2" is scheduled for U.S. release on May 1, 2015. It stars Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk, and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye.
Directed by Joss Whedon, the movie adds James Spader as the main baddie Ultron, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, and Aaron Johnson as Quicksilver. It will also introduce a new superhero, The Vision, played by Paul Bettany. Additionally, Don Cheadle is expected to reprise his role as Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences