Oscars 2014: 'Frozen' Grabs Best Original Song, Gravity Wins Original Score
"Frozen (2013)" took home its second trophy at the 86th annual Academy Awards. Its addictive soundtrack "Let It Go", which was just performed live by its cast voice member, Broadway star Idina Menzel, grabbed Best Original Song. Husband and wife duo Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez delivered an emotional speech when collecting the award.
The song from Best Animated Feature winner beat Pharrell Williams' "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2", U2's "Ordinary Love" from "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom", and Karen O & Spike Jonze's "The Moon Song" from "Her".
Meanwhile, "Gravity" was still dominating the show as it picked up Best Original Score to mark its fourth win that night. It added another gong to its collection for winning Best Cinematography prize which was presented by Bill Murray and Amy Adams.
The 3D movie's winning streak didn't stop there as it snatched Best Editing prize. The award was announced by Anna Kendrick and Gabourey Sidibe who appeared on stage to an orchestral version of "Cups", a hit single from Kendrick's "Pitch Perfect".
It's the sixth Oscar trophy for the movie, but the first for Alfonso Cuaron who won in the category with his co-editor Mark Sanger. The filmmaker is still up for Best Director, and the movie is vying for the top Prize, Best Picture.
Benedict Cumberbatch and Jennifer Garner handed out Best Production Design to "The Great Gatsby". It's the first win for the movie after it won Best Costume Design earlier during the awards show.
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary