Philip Seymour Hoffman's Mother Breaks Silence After His Death
The mother of Philip Seymour Hoffman has spoken for the first time following the death of the "Capote" actor. In a statement which was read by Hoffman's friend Jack Garner at a tribute event on Friday, February 28, Marilyn O'Connor said that her son's death was "devastating."
"It has been a devastating loss for us, but I know that you also feel a great sorrow," read the statement. "We miss and cry for the little boy and the man, the brother, the uncle, the husband, the father, the friend, and while we will miss seeing him, we will also miss his talent, his knowledge of his craft, and seeing results of his hard work. He was a gift to me for 46 years. I wanted more."
"My heart is broken and will never be the same again. I know many of you feel the same. We will find our way through this and hear his clear voice and laughter as we do, because he is cheering for all of us to go on, to shine, to be the best that we can be," the statement continued. "Thank you all and especially, The Little Theatre, a place Phil loved to go and watch movies."
According to Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, O'Connor said that there would be two memorial events to honor the actor in New York City and Rochester, N.Y., this spring.
Hundreds of people paid tribute to Hoffman during a screening of six movies at The Little Theatre in Rochester this weekend. "He just was a tremendous talent and it would have been interesting to see in the next 20 or 25 years what he could have offered to the theater," a visitor called Bill Young told WXXI News. Proceeds from the viewing will go to a new Hoffman award at the Rochester Teen Film Festival.
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years