'American Idol' Apologizes After Votes Were Routed to Washington Pizzeria
A voting snafu apparently happened again on "American Idol" last week. On Wednesday, February 26, votes for the show's contestants were routed to Gordy's Pizza and Pasta in Washington state.
The restaurant's owner, Randy Sexton, said his staff was inundated with calls for two hours that night, but they were not seeking pizza or pasta which are offered by the eatery. A woman purportedly the manager of Gordy's commented, "I was the manager this night and it sucked dealing with the abundance of calls and still maintaing the orders."
It's unclear why the calls were routed to the pizzeria. Sexton hopes the snafu gets fixed before next episode of the singing competition show. "I have three months of potential challenge if they don't figure out how to reroute or unroute calls in a different way," he added.
Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for the FOX reality series has offered an apology, telling the Daily News, "We apologize to Gordy's Pizza & Pasta."
71 million votes were cast through the appropriate channels last Wednesday night. Kristen O'Connor got the least votes and was eliminated on the Thursday results show.
This isn't the first voting snafu for "American Idol". In season 4, some of the contestants' phone numbers were mixed up when they were shown on the screen. Later in season 8, contestant Alexis Grace's phone number reached an adult entertainment company.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4