'American Idol' Apologizes After Votes Were Routed to Washington Pizzeria
A voting snafu apparently happened again on "American Idol" last week. On Wednesday, February 26, votes for the show's contestants were routed to Gordy's Pizza and Pasta in Washington state.
The restaurant's owner, Randy Sexton, said his staff was inundated with calls for two hours that night, but they were not seeking pizza or pasta which are offered by the eatery. A woman purportedly the manager of Gordy's commented, "I was the manager this night and it sucked dealing with the abundance of calls and still maintaing the orders."
It's unclear why the calls were routed to the pizzeria. Sexton hopes the snafu gets fixed before next episode of the singing competition show. "I have three months of potential challenge if they don't figure out how to reroute or unroute calls in a different way," he added.
Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for the FOX reality series has offered an apology, telling the Daily News, "We apologize to Gordy's Pizza & Pasta."
71 million votes were cast through the appropriate channels last Wednesday night. Kristen O'Connor got the least votes and was eliminated on the Thursday results show.
This isn't the first voting snafu for "American Idol". In season 4, some of the contestants' phone numbers were mixed up when they were shown on the screen. Later in season 8, contestant Alexis Grace's phone number reached an adult entertainment company.
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship