'American Idol' Apologizes After Votes Were Routed to Washington Pizzeria
A voting snafu apparently happened again on "American Idol" last week. On Wednesday, February 26, votes for the show's contestants were routed to Gordy's Pizza and Pasta in Washington state.
The restaurant's owner, Randy Sexton, said his staff was inundated with calls for two hours that night, but they were not seeking pizza or pasta which are offered by the eatery. A woman purportedly the manager of Gordy's commented, "I was the manager this night and it sucked dealing with the abundance of calls and still maintaing the orders."
It's unclear why the calls were routed to the pizzeria. Sexton hopes the snafu gets fixed before next episode of the singing competition show. "I have three months of potential challenge if they don't figure out how to reroute or unroute calls in a different way," he added.
Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for the FOX reality series has offered an apology, telling the Daily News, "We apologize to Gordy's Pizza & Pasta."
71 million votes were cast through the appropriate channels last Wednesday night. Kristen O'Connor got the least votes and was eliminated on the Thursday results show.
This isn't the first voting snafu for "American Idol". In season 4, some of the contestants' phone numbers were mixed up when they were shown on the screen. Later in season 8, contestant Alexis Grace's phone number reached an adult entertainment company.
More American Idol News
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction