Oscars 2014: Ellen DeGeneres Mocks Jennifer Lawrence's Latest Fall in Opening Monologue
Ellen DeGeneres picked Jennifer Lawrence as one of her joke targets during her opening monologue at the 86th Annual Academy Awards. The daytime talk show host began turning her attention to the "American Hustle" actress as she compared the prize-giving event to Lawrence's other movie "The Hunger Games".
"There are cameras everywhere, Jennifer Lawrence is here ... it's 'The Hunger Games'," she joked. "Jennifer, by the way, I'm not going to bring up what happened last year when you...," she said, before reminding everyone that Lawrence fell on her way up to the stage to collect her prize last year, pretending that she's going to play a video of the incident.
She later mentioned Lawrence's latest trip earlier that night. "The thing when you fell out of the car tonight? No one needs to know that, I'm not going to mention that," DeGeneres said, adding, "She fell out of the car, like on an orange cone you tripped or something." She added," If you win tonight, I think we should bring you the Oscar. We can do that, right?"
Lawrence, rocking a red peplum dress by Dior, tripped over a cone on the red carpet as she excitedly waved to the crowd. "I did trip over a cone," she told Entertainment Weekly. "I'm not safe."
Also during her opening monologue, DeGeneres recalled the last time she hosted the show. "Last time I was here, Cate Blanchett was nominated, Meryl Streep was nominated, Leonardo DiCaprio was nominated ... it was so different," she said, as the three actors were nominated again this year.
She ended her speech by saying that there were so many possibilities that night. "Possibility #1: '12 Years a Slave' wins," she said. "Possibility #2: You're all racists."
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs