Oscars 2014: Ellen DeGeneres Mocks Jennifer Lawrence's Latest Fall in Opening Monologue
Ellen DeGeneres picked Jennifer Lawrence as one of her joke targets during her opening monologue at the 86th Annual Academy Awards. The daytime talk show host began turning her attention to the "American Hustle" actress as she compared the prize-giving event to Lawrence's other movie "The Hunger Games".
"There are cameras everywhere, Jennifer Lawrence is here ... it's 'The Hunger Games'," she joked. "Jennifer, by the way, I'm not going to bring up what happened last year when you...," she said, before reminding everyone that Lawrence fell on her way up to the stage to collect her prize last year, pretending that she's going to play a video of the incident.
She later mentioned Lawrence's latest trip earlier that night. "The thing when you fell out of the car tonight? No one needs to know that, I'm not going to mention that," DeGeneres said, adding, "She fell out of the car, like on an orange cone you tripped or something." She added," If you win tonight, I think we should bring you the Oscar. We can do that, right?"
Lawrence, rocking a red peplum dress by Dior, tripped over a cone on the red carpet as she excitedly waved to the crowd. "I did trip over a cone," she told Entertainment Weekly. "I'm not safe."
Also during her opening monologue, DeGeneres recalled the last time she hosted the show. "Last time I was here, Cate Blanchett was nominated, Meryl Streep was nominated, Leonardo DiCaprio was nominated ... it was so different," she said, as the three actors were nominated again this year.
She ended her speech by saying that there were so many possibilities that night. "Possibility #1: '12 Years a Slave' wins," she said. "Possibility #2: You're all racists."
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch