Oscars 2014: 'Great Gatsby', 'Dallas Buyers Club' and 'Frozen' Among Early Winners
The Academy Awards continued live from Hollywood after Pharrell Williams sang Best Song Nominee "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2". "The Great Gatsby" won Best Costume Design, marking Katherine Martin's second Oscar win. She previously won in the same category for "Moulin Rouge!". The award was handed by Samuel L. Jackson and Naomi Watts.
Adruitha Lee and Robin Matthews next grabbed Best Makeup and Hairstyling prize for "Dallas Buyers Club". It became the movie's second award this evening. One of its cast members, Jared Leto, previously bagged Best Supporting Actor for his role as a transgendered character in the movie.
Afterwards, Matthew McConaughey and Kim Novak took the stage announcing "Mr Hublot" as the winner of Best Animated Short Film. Though Disney's "Get a Horse" missed in the category, the Mouse House redeemed itself with "Frozen (2013)" as it's named Best Animated Feature Film.
Director Chris Buck and his wife Jennifer Lee took the stage to collect the award. He thanked his "guardian angel" son Ryder Buck, who was killed in an accident last fall shortly after finishing chemotherapy.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer