Oscars 2014: 'Great Gatsby', 'Dallas Buyers Club' and 'Frozen' Among Early Winners
The Academy Awards continued live from Hollywood after Pharrell Williams sang Best Song Nominee "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2". "The Great Gatsby" won Best Costume Design, marking Katherine Martin's second Oscar win. She previously won in the same category for "Moulin Rouge!". The award was handed by Samuel L. Jackson and Naomi Watts.
Adruitha Lee and Robin Matthews next grabbed Best Makeup and Hairstyling prize for "Dallas Buyers Club". It became the movie's second award this evening. One of its cast members, Jared Leto, previously bagged Best Supporting Actor for his role as a transgendered character in the movie.
Afterwards, Matthew McConaughey and Kim Novak took the stage announcing "Mr Hublot" as the winner of Best Animated Short Film. Though Disney's "Get a Horse" missed in the category, the Mouse House redeemed itself with "Frozen (2013)" as it's named Best Animated Feature Film.
Director Chris Buck and his wife Jennifer Lee took the stage to collect the award. He thanked his "guardian angel" son Ryder Buck, who was killed in an accident last fall shortly after finishing chemotherapy.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy