Oscars 2014: 'Great Gatsby', 'Dallas Buyers Club' and 'Frozen' Among Early Winners
The Academy Awards continued live from Hollywood after Pharrell Williams sang Best Song Nominee "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2". "The Great Gatsby" won Best Costume Design, marking Katherine Martin's second Oscar win. She previously won in the same category for "Moulin Rouge!". The award was handed by Samuel L. Jackson and Naomi Watts.
Adruitha Lee and Robin Matthews next grabbed Best Makeup and Hairstyling prize for "Dallas Buyers Club". It became the movie's second award this evening. One of its cast members, Jared Leto, previously bagged Best Supporting Actor for his role as a transgendered character in the movie.
Afterwards, Matthew McConaughey and Kim Novak took the stage announcing "Mr Hublot" as the winner of Best Animated Short Film. Though Disney's "Get a Horse" missed in the category, the Mouse House redeemed itself with "Frozen (2013)" as it's named Best Animated Feature Film.
Director Chris Buck and his wife Jennifer Lee took the stage to collect the award. He thanked his "guardian angel" son Ryder Buck, who was killed in an accident last fall shortly after finishing chemotherapy.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier