Oscars 2014: 'Great Gatsby', 'Dallas Buyers Club' and 'Frozen' Among Early Winners
The Academy Awards continued live from Hollywood after Pharrell Williams sang Best Song Nominee "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2". "The Great Gatsby" won Best Costume Design, marking Katherine Martin's second Oscar win. She previously won in the same category for "Moulin Rouge!". The award was handed by Samuel L. Jackson and Naomi Watts.
Adruitha Lee and Robin Matthews next grabbed Best Makeup and Hairstyling prize for "Dallas Buyers Club". It became the movie's second award this evening. One of its cast members, Jared Leto, previously bagged Best Supporting Actor for his role as a transgendered character in the movie.
Afterwards, Matthew McConaughey and Kim Novak took the stage announcing "Mr Hublot" as the winner of Best Animated Short Film. Though Disney's "Get a Horse" missed in the category, the Mouse House redeemed itself with "Frozen (2013)" as it's named Best Animated Feature Film.
Director Chris Buck and his wife Jennifer Lee took the stage to collect the award. He thanked his "guardian angel" son Ryder Buck, who was killed in an accident last fall shortly after finishing chemotherapy.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'