Oscars 2014: 'Great Gatsby', 'Dallas Buyers Club' and 'Frozen' Among Early Winners
The Academy Awards continued live from Hollywood after Pharrell Williams sang Best Song Nominee "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2". "The Great Gatsby" won Best Costume Design, marking Katherine Martin's second Oscar win. She previously won in the same category for "Moulin Rouge!". The award was handed by Samuel L. Jackson and Naomi Watts.
Adruitha Lee and Robin Matthews next grabbed Best Makeup and Hairstyling prize for "Dallas Buyers Club". It became the movie's second award this evening. One of its cast members, Jared Leto, previously bagged Best Supporting Actor for his role as a transgendered character in the movie.
Afterwards, Matthew McConaughey and Kim Novak took the stage announcing "Mr Hublot" as the winner of Best Animated Short Film. Though Disney's "Get a Horse" missed in the category, the Mouse House redeemed itself with "Frozen (2013)" as it's named Best Animated Feature Film.
Director Chris Buck and his wife Jennifer Lee took the stage to collect the award. He thanked his "guardian angel" son Ryder Buck, who was killed in an accident last fall shortly after finishing chemotherapy.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?