3 Doors Down's Bassist Todd Harrell Will Be on House Arrest
Todd Harrell, the bassist of metal band 3 Doors Down, will live under house arrest until his trial. The musician was charged with vehicular homicide by intoxication after he was involved in a car accident which killed a man named Paul Howard Shoulders Jr. in 2013. Harrell has pleaded not guilty and is free on $100,000 bond.
On Friday, February 28, prosecutors asked the judge to revoke his bond after he was arrested for DUI earlier this month. "He's already killed somebody. The only thing that's going to keep the community safe is to put him in jail where he belongs," said Assistant District Attorney General Rebecca Valiquette, as quoted by The Tennessean.
Criminal Court Judge Mark Fishburn then decided to put him under house arrest. Harrell was ordered to find a house to live in Davidson County in one hour. Harrell is not allowed to go out of the house except for legal appointments. He is also required to wear an electronic monitor on his leg and set up a landline.
Following Harrell's DUI arrest in mid-February, 3 Doors Down released a statement in which they said the bass player would be suspended indefinitely from the group. "We take this action to protect the image and integrity of the band and to encourage Todd to address and resolve his problems," they explained. The band's members were present at Friday's court session.
A trial date has not been set. A hearing is scheduled for April 25.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival