Panic At the Disco Releases 'Nicotine' Music Video
Panic At the Disco has released a brand new video for their "Nicotine". The track, following up singles "Miss Jackson" and "This Is Gospel", appears in " Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die", the band's latest album that arrived last year.
The black-and-white clip centers on the band's frontman Brendan Urie who looks emotional as he talks about being in a toxic love relationship. The singer is seen singing alone in his hotel room and in his car as he keeps thinking about his lover, whom he thinks is "worse than nicotine."
The video was directed by Kai Regan, who has worked with the group in the past. "We were excited to work with Kai again," Urie said in a statement. "He's super creative and we love his visual aesthetic. We managed to film almost the whole thing in one day at a cemetery in Queens. It was freezing cold and snowing out but totally worth it."
As for the track, Urie told Rolling Stone, " 'Nicotine' is about that girl (or guy) that you know is bad for you but you just keep going back. It's that drunk text you know you shouldn't answer. It feels good in the moment but the next day, you know, you get that shame hangover - kind of a personification of addiction."
Panic At the Disco is hitting the road again for their "The Gospel" tour this summer. They will kick off the tour in Magna, Utah, on July 18 and make stops in other North American cities including Milwaukee, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston New York and Toronto before wrapping things up in San Jose, California on August 28.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4