Kendrick Lamar Praises Macklemore's Grammy Text, Readies New Album for September
Kendrick Lamar graces the cover of the latest edition of Billboard with fellow Top Dawg Entertainment artist SchoolBoy Q. In the interview for the magazine, the Compton MC addresses the apology text from Macklemore that he received after the Grammys.
"That text surprised me, but Macklemore is a genuine dude," Lamar says. "However it panned out, I wish him much success. He touched people's souls, and no one can take that away. Really, the whole Grammy moment was incredible. Not everyone gets that shot."
After his "The Heist" won the Best Rap Album award at the January 26 event, Macklemore sent Lamar a text in which he admitted that his "good kid, m.A.A.d city" was better and it should've won the title. "You got robbed," wrote Macklemore. "I wanted you to win. You should have."
In the same interview with Billboard, TDE's CEO Anthony Tiffith hints that a new album by Lamar is coming in September. Moreover, TDE's co-president Dave Free is hoping that the long-awaited debut album from Black Hippy, a rap collective featuring Lamar, Q, Jay Rock and Ab-Soul, will arrive later this year as well.
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift