Kendrick Lamar Praises Macklemore's Grammy Text, Readies New Album for September
Kendrick Lamar graces the cover of the latest edition of Billboard with fellow Top Dawg Entertainment artist SchoolBoy Q. In the interview for the magazine, the Compton MC addresses the apology text from Macklemore that he received after the Grammys.
"That text surprised me, but Macklemore is a genuine dude," Lamar says. "However it panned out, I wish him much success. He touched people's souls, and no one can take that away. Really, the whole Grammy moment was incredible. Not everyone gets that shot."
After his "The Heist" won the Best Rap Album award at the January 26 event, Macklemore sent Lamar a text in which he admitted that his "good kid, m.A.A.d city" was better and it should've won the title. "You got robbed," wrote Macklemore. "I wanted you to win. You should have."
In the same interview with Billboard, TDE's CEO Anthony Tiffith hints that a new album by Lamar is coming in September. Moreover, TDE's co-president Dave Free is hoping that the long-awaited debut album from Black Hippy, a rap collective featuring Lamar, Q, Jay Rock and Ab-Soul, will arrive later this year as well.
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'