Kendrick Lamar Praises Macklemore's Grammy Text, Readies New Album for September
Kendrick Lamar graces the cover of the latest edition of Billboard with fellow Top Dawg Entertainment artist SchoolBoy Q. In the interview for the magazine, the Compton MC addresses the apology text from Macklemore that he received after the Grammys.
"That text surprised me, but Macklemore is a genuine dude," Lamar says. "However it panned out, I wish him much success. He touched people's souls, and no one can take that away. Really, the whole Grammy moment was incredible. Not everyone gets that shot."
After his "The Heist" won the Best Rap Album award at the January 26 event, Macklemore sent Lamar a text in which he admitted that his "good kid, m.A.A.d city" was better and it should've won the title. "You got robbed," wrote Macklemore. "I wanted you to win. You should have."
In the same interview with Billboard, TDE's CEO Anthony Tiffith hints that a new album by Lamar is coming in September. Moreover, TDE's co-president Dave Free is hoping that the long-awaited debut album from Black Hippy, a rap collective featuring Lamar, Q, Jay Rock and Ab-Soul, will arrive later this year as well.
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media