Kendrick Lamar Praises Macklemore's Grammy Text, Readies New Album for September
Kendrick Lamar graces the cover of the latest edition of Billboard with fellow Top Dawg Entertainment artist SchoolBoy Q. In the interview for the magazine, the Compton MC addresses the apology text from Macklemore that he received after the Grammys.
"That text surprised me, but Macklemore is a genuine dude," Lamar says. "However it panned out, I wish him much success. He touched people's souls, and no one can take that away. Really, the whole Grammy moment was incredible. Not everyone gets that shot."
After his "The Heist" won the Best Rap Album award at the January 26 event, Macklemore sent Lamar a text in which he admitted that his "good kid, m.A.A.d city" was better and it should've won the title. "You got robbed," wrote Macklemore. "I wanted you to win. You should have."
In the same interview with Billboard, TDE's CEO Anthony Tiffith hints that a new album by Lamar is coming in September. Moreover, TDE's co-president Dave Free is hoping that the long-awaited debut album from Black Hippy, a rap collective featuring Lamar, Q, Jay Rock and Ab-Soul, will arrive later this year as well.
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics