Chris Brown Suffers From Bipolar Disorder and PTSD, Rehab Facility Says
Chris Brown's aggressive behavior apparently is linked to bipolar disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder. The singer appeared in court on Friday, February 28 to attend a progress hearing in the assault case related to Rihanna. Wearing a silver suit, the "Fine China" singer sat next to his mother Joyce Hawkins.
"Mr. Brown will also require close supervision by his treating physician in order to ensure his bipolar mental health condition remains stable. It is not uncommon for patients with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Bipolar II to use substances to self-medicate their biomedical mood swings and trauma triggers," read a letter from the facility which is obtained by E! News.
"Mr. Brown became aggressive and acted out physically due to his untreated mental health disorder, severe sleep deprivation, inappropriate self-medicating and untreated PTSD," the document continued.
The court document additionally mentioned that Brown worked hard to complete his community service work. He has completed 250 hours of community labor and still has 750 hours more. He is expected to finish it in October. "Mr. Brown's attitude has been beyond exemplary in regard to his community service responsibilities," the report read.
After the hearing, Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos made a comment on his client. "The judge is pleased and so are we with his progress, and we hope it continues. Chris is healthy and is doing very well. He's spectacular," Geragos told New York Daily News. He added that Brown would likely stay in the in-patient rehab as the authorities worked on his assault case in Washington D.C.
More Chris Brown News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4