Chris Brown Suffers From Bipolar Disorder and PTSD, Rehab Facility Says
Chris Brown's aggressive behavior apparently is linked to bipolar disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder. The singer appeared in court on Friday, February 28 to attend a progress hearing in the assault case related to Rihanna. Wearing a silver suit, the "Fine China" singer sat next to his mother Joyce Hawkins.
"Mr. Brown will also require close supervision by his treating physician in order to ensure his bipolar mental health condition remains stable. It is not uncommon for patients with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Bipolar II to use substances to self-medicate their biomedical mood swings and trauma triggers," read a letter from the facility which is obtained by E! News.
"Mr. Brown became aggressive and acted out physically due to his untreated mental health disorder, severe sleep deprivation, inappropriate self-medicating and untreated PTSD," the document continued.
The court document additionally mentioned that Brown worked hard to complete his community service work. He has completed 250 hours of community labor and still has 750 hours more. He is expected to finish it in October. "Mr. Brown's attitude has been beyond exemplary in regard to his community service responsibilities," the report read.
After the hearing, Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos made a comment on his client. "The judge is pleased and so are we with his progress, and we hope it continues. Chris is healthy and is doing very well. He's spectacular," Geragos told New York Daily News. He added that Brown would likely stay in the in-patient rehab as the authorities worked on his assault case in Washington D.C.
More Chris Brown News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby