Vincent D'Onofrio Joins 'Jurassic World' as Villain
"Jurassic World" has cast its villain. Vincent D'Onofrio ("Escape Plan") is tapped to play the main baddie in the fourth installment of "Jurassic Park" movie franchise. Indian star Irrfan Khan ("Life of Pi") is also added to the cast ensemble.
According to a scoop from The Warp, Khan is set to play Patel, the billionaire owner of a new Jurassic Park. D'Onofrio's character, meanwhile, is the CFO of the Patel Corporation who projects the image of a normal family man to mask a hidden edge.
The new movie will star Bryce Dallas Howard as a smart corporate scientist, and Ty Simpkins & Nick Robinson as her nephews. Chris Pratt, meanwhile, is attached to play the male lead role, a rugged ex-military man. Directed by Colin Trevorrow, it's due June 12, 2015.
Though the plot is still under wraps, the "Safety Not Guaranteed" helmer assured fans that it would not be a reboot to the 1993 classic. "This is a new sci-fi terror adventure set 22 years after the horrific events of Jurassic Park," he once said.
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel