Vincent D'Onofrio Joins 'Jurassic World' as Villain
"Jurassic World" has cast its villain. Vincent D'Onofrio ("Escape Plan") is tapped to play the main baddie in the fourth installment of "Jurassic Park" movie franchise. Indian star Irrfan Khan ("Life of Pi") is also added to the cast ensemble.
According to a scoop from The Warp, Khan is set to play Patel, the billionaire owner of a new Jurassic Park. D'Onofrio's character, meanwhile, is the CFO of the Patel Corporation who projects the image of a normal family man to mask a hidden edge.
The new movie will star Bryce Dallas Howard as a smart corporate scientist, and Ty Simpkins & Nick Robinson as her nephews. Chris Pratt, meanwhile, is attached to play the male lead role, a rugged ex-military man. Directed by Colin Trevorrow, it's due June 12, 2015.
Though the plot is still under wraps, the "Safety Not Guaranteed" helmer assured fans that it would not be a reboot to the 1993 classic. "This is a new sci-fi terror adventure set 22 years after the horrific events of Jurassic Park," he once said.
More Jurassic World News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival