Vincent D'Onofrio Joins 'Jurassic World' as Villain
"Jurassic World" has cast its villain. Vincent D'Onofrio ("Escape Plan") is tapped to play the main baddie in the fourth installment of "Jurassic Park" movie franchise. Indian star Irrfan Khan ("Life of Pi") is also added to the cast ensemble.
According to a scoop from The Warp, Khan is set to play Patel, the billionaire owner of a new Jurassic Park. D'Onofrio's character, meanwhile, is the CFO of the Patel Corporation who projects the image of a normal family man to mask a hidden edge.
The new movie will star Bryce Dallas Howard as a smart corporate scientist, and Ty Simpkins & Nick Robinson as her nephews. Chris Pratt, meanwhile, is attached to play the male lead role, a rugged ex-military man. Directed by Colin Trevorrow, it's due June 12, 2015.
Though the plot is still under wraps, the "Safety Not Guaranteed" helmer assured fans that it would not be a reboot to the 1993 classic. "This is a new sci-fi terror adventure set 22 years after the horrific events of Jurassic Park," he once said.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie