Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston in Talks to Recur on 'Breaking Bad' Spin-Off
Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston's "Breaking Bad" business isn't done yet. A source close to "Better Call Saul" tells E! News that both actors are in talks to appear in multiple episodes of the prequel series.
AMC has not commented on the news, but Paul himself has confirmed that he has had "serious talks" with co-creator Vince Gilligan to reprise his role as Jesse Pinkman. "Anything Vince is involved with, I'm there," he said during an interview to promote his new movie "Need for Speed".
He added, "I owe him my entire career. And the idea of jumping into the skin of Jesse Pinkman again in his lighter days -- because it's all a prequel -- it would be fun."
Co-creator Vince Gilligan, who plans to direct the "Better Call Saul" pilot, said last October that Paul and Cranston had expressed interest in making apperance in the spin-off. "The sky's the limit with a prequel," he teased about the possible appearances of "Breaking Bad" characters besides Saul Goodman. "Everybody who's now deceased in the 'Breaking Bad' world is obviously still alive. You never know who might turn up and when and where."
"Better Call Saul" centers on Bob Odenkirk's Saul Goodman "in the years before he became Walter White's attorney. From parking tickets to mass murder, from slip-and-fall to bond fraud, Saul handles it all."
Jonathan Banks has been tapped to return as well, playing Saul's trusted private investigator/fixer Michael "Mike" Ehrmantraut. Dean Norris, on the other hand, has said that it's unlikely for him to take part in the "Breaking Bad" spin-off due to his involvement in CBS' series "Under the Dome". "I don't think they'll let me do a little cable show," he said.
"I think that experience was that experience," he continued. "I'm not a big fan of kind of revisiting something that has already been done. But I think it's going to be awesome. So I can't wait to see it."
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations