First Look at Grant Gustin in The Flash's Costume Unveiled
The CW has released the first official photo of "The Flash". The network teases superhero fans with the up-close shot of Grant Gustin in The Flash's red suit, revealing only his mask which bears the trademark lightning bolt symbol.
Some of the costume is reportedly made of leather. It was designed by Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costumes for "Arrow". Atwood has won three Academy Awards for her work on "Alice in Wonderland", "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "Chicago".
"The Flash" is eyed as an origin series that will tell the story of how scientist Barry Allen becomes the titular superhero. Gustin is joined by Rick Cosnett, Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton and Carlos Valdes in the cast line-up.
Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns write the pilot script with David Nutter on board as director. Berlanti and Kreisberg, who executive produce "Arrow", are also going to executive produce the planned spin-off along with Nutter. Production on the pilot is set to begin next week.
Gustin's Barry Allen was introduced in an episode of "Arrow" last December, but The CW has decided to film "The Flash" as a stand-alone pilot instead of as a backdoor pilot.
More The Flash News
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family