First Look at Grant Gustin in The Flash's Costume Unveiled
The CW has released the first official photo of "The Flash". The network teases superhero fans with the up-close shot of Grant Gustin in The Flash's red suit, revealing only his mask which bears the trademark lightning bolt symbol.
Some of the costume is reportedly made of leather. It was designed by Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costumes for "Arrow". Atwood has won three Academy Awards for her work on "Alice in Wonderland", "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "Chicago".
"The Flash" is eyed as an origin series that will tell the story of how scientist Barry Allen becomes the titular superhero. Gustin is joined by Rick Cosnett, Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton and Carlos Valdes in the cast line-up.
Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns write the pilot script with David Nutter on board as director. Berlanti and Kreisberg, who executive produce "Arrow", are also going to executive produce the planned spin-off along with Nutter. Production on the pilot is set to begin next week.
Gustin's Barry Allen was introduced in an episode of "Arrow" last December, but The CW has decided to film "The Flash" as a stand-alone pilot instead of as a backdoor pilot.
More The Flash News
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5