First Look at Grant Gustin in The Flash's Costume Unveiled
The CW has released the first official photo of "The Flash". The network teases superhero fans with the up-close shot of Grant Gustin in The Flash's red suit, revealing only his mask which bears the trademark lightning bolt symbol.
Some of the costume is reportedly made of leather. It was designed by Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costumes for "Arrow". Atwood has won three Academy Awards for her work on "Alice in Wonderland", "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "Chicago".
"The Flash" is eyed as an origin series that will tell the story of how scientist Barry Allen becomes the titular superhero. Gustin is joined by Rick Cosnett, Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton and Carlos Valdes in the cast line-up.
Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns write the pilot script with David Nutter on board as director. Berlanti and Kreisberg, who executive produce "Arrow", are also going to executive produce the planned spin-off along with Nutter. Production on the pilot is set to begin next week.
Gustin's Barry Allen was introduced in an episode of "Arrow" last December, but The CW has decided to film "The Flash" as a stand-alone pilot instead of as a backdoor pilot.
More The Flash News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?