First Look at Grant Gustin in The Flash's Costume Unveiled
The CW has released the first official photo of "The Flash". The network teases superhero fans with the up-close shot of Grant Gustin in The Flash's red suit, revealing only his mask which bears the trademark lightning bolt symbol.
Some of the costume is reportedly made of leather. It was designed by Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costumes for "Arrow". Atwood has won three Academy Awards for her work on "Alice in Wonderland", "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "Chicago".
"The Flash" is eyed as an origin series that will tell the story of how scientist Barry Allen becomes the titular superhero. Gustin is joined by Rick Cosnett, Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton and Carlos Valdes in the cast line-up.
Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns write the pilot script with David Nutter on board as director. Berlanti and Kreisberg, who executive produce "Arrow", are also going to executive produce the planned spin-off along with Nutter. Production on the pilot is set to begin next week.
Gustin's Barry Allen was introduced in an episode of "Arrow" last December, but The CW has decided to film "The Flash" as a stand-alone pilot instead of as a backdoor pilot.
More The Flash News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake