Rumor: New 'Matrix' Trilogy Is in Development
New "Matrix" movies are reportedly coming. According to Latino-Review, Lana Wachowski and Andy Wachowski are working on a new trilogy and have started the writing process with early treatments and outlines already submitted to Warner Bros.
The Wachowski siblings are the directors and writers of the first three films. It's unclear if they will return as the helmers for the upcoming ones. Other details including whether the new films will be sequels or prequels are also unknown.
Rumor has it, the studio is looking to get the project ready by 2017 to go up against any new installments from other blockbuster franchises developed by rival companies, like "Star Wars" and "Avatar".
The first "Matrix" film came out in 1999 to both critical and commercial success. Dubbed a groundbreaking work of science-fiction genre, it's followed by "The Matrix Reloaded" in May 2003 and "The Matrix Revolutions" in November the same year. The three films starred Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, and Hugo Weaving.
After the "Matrix" trilogy, the Wachowski siblings went on to direct films "Speed Racer" (2008) and "Cloud Atlas" (2012). Their next release is sci-fi "Jupiter Ascending" led by Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences