Phillip Phillips Previews New Single 'Raging Fire'
Phillip Phillips has teased his new single "Raging Fire" with a short preview. Posted on his Instagram on Friday, February 28, the clip shows the singer performing the song in a studio while playing his guitar and being backed by several violinists.
Written by Phillips himself, the new song was produced by Gregg Wattenberg and recorded in New York City. The winner of the 11th season of "American Idol" will release the track on March 3 before returning to the singing competition to perform it for the first time during its results show.
"Raging Fire" serves as the lead single off his new album, which is expected to arrive this spring via 19 Entertainment/Interscope Records. The yet-to-be-titled project will come as the follow-up to his 2012 debut set "The World From the Side of the Moon".
Having been certified platinum, the album includes the Georgia native's hit singles like "Gone, Gone, Gone" and "Home".
Phillips, who was busy supporting other musicians' tours last year, is currently gearing up for his own headlining tour in Canada. The 15-date trek will open on March 8 in Halifax and conclude on March 28 in Vancouver.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival