George Lopez Explains Arrest for Public Intoxication
George Lopez has spoken up about his arrest for public intoxication. The comedian passed out on the floor of a casino in Canada shortly after his performance on Thursday, February 27.
"Tied one on last night. Not feeling great this morning," he explained in a statement to People. "I was trying to sleep it off, unfortunately, it was on the casino floor."
TMZ was first to report that the TV show host had a little too much fun at the Caesars Windsor Hotel and Casino. Caesars alerted the police and put him in custody to sober up before releasing him.
A spokesperson for Windsor Police confirmed the incident to People, "We can confirm that at 11:25 P.M. Windsor police officers received custody of a male from the OPP Casino Enforcement Unit. The male was subsequently released with no charges."
Lopez is due to take the stage at the casino again on Friday, February 28.
George Lopez passed out at the casino last night! pic.twitter.com/W0YqsEdjVW— Chad Maura (@ChadMaura) February 28, 2014
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival