George Lopez Explains Arrest for Public Intoxication
George Lopez has spoken up about his arrest for public intoxication. The comedian passed out on the floor of a casino in Canada shortly after his performance on Thursday, February 27.
"Tied one on last night. Not feeling great this morning," he explained in a statement to People. "I was trying to sleep it off, unfortunately, it was on the casino floor."
TMZ was first to report that the TV show host had a little too much fun at the Caesars Windsor Hotel and Casino. Caesars alerted the police and put him in custody to sober up before releasing him.
A spokesperson for Windsor Police confirmed the incident to People, "We can confirm that at 11:25 P.M. Windsor police officers received custody of a male from the OPP Casino Enforcement Unit. The male was subsequently released with no charges."
Lopez is due to take the stage at the casino again on Friday, February 28.
George Lopez passed out at the casino last night! pic.twitter.com/W0YqsEdjVW— Chad Maura (@ChadMaura) February 28, 2014
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics