Nas' Baby Mama Claims He Owes $11,000 in Child Support
The mother of Nas' daughter reportedly has filed a court document, claiming that the rapper has not paid $11,000 in child support. Carmen Bryan called the rapper a "repeat criminal non supporter" in the document and accused him of intentionally ruining their daughter by not paying the college tuition and medical bills. In the document, Bryan also asked the rapper to be cited for contempt.
Nas, whose real name is Nasir Jones, and Bryan have a 19-year-old daughter, Destiny. The girl served as the inspiration behind Nas' song, "Daughters", in which he blames himself for not being more involved in her life.
"She's my first kid, my first time watching a child become a teen and a little adult before my eyes," Nas told XXL magazine of "Daughters" back then. "That's one of the most important things in my life: she is. I can't get away from talking about it. It's actually one of the first songs I recorded for this album." The song is featured in his LP "Life Is Good".
In other news, the rapper is going to open a sneaker boutique called 12AM Run in Las Vegas. "To me, 12 a.m. sounds like go time in Las Vegas. Run, that's athletics, feet, sneakers, movement. You hit the ground running here in Vegas," he said of the store's name during an interview with Complex.
More Nas News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season