Nas' Baby Mama Claims He Owes $11,000 in Child Support
The mother of Nas' daughter reportedly has filed a court document, claiming that the rapper has not paid $11,000 in child support. Carmen Bryan called the rapper a "repeat criminal non supporter" in the document and accused him of intentionally ruining their daughter by not paying the college tuition and medical bills. In the document, Bryan also asked the rapper to be cited for contempt.
Nas, whose real name is Nasir Jones, and Bryan have a 19-year-old daughter, Destiny. The girl served as the inspiration behind Nas' song, "Daughters", in which he blames himself for not being more involved in her life.
"She's my first kid, my first time watching a child become a teen and a little adult before my eyes," Nas told XXL magazine of "Daughters" back then. "That's one of the most important things in my life: she is. I can't get away from talking about it. It's actually one of the first songs I recorded for this album." The song is featured in his LP "Life Is Good".
In other news, the rapper is going to open a sneaker boutique called 12AM Run in Las Vegas. "To me, 12 a.m. sounds like go time in Las Vegas. Run, that's athletics, feet, sneakers, movement. You hit the ground running here in Vegas," he said of the store's name during an interview with Complex.
More Nas News
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'