Nas' Baby Mama Claims He Owes $11,000 in Child Support
The mother of Nas' daughter reportedly has filed a court document, claiming that the rapper has not paid $11,000 in child support. Carmen Bryan called the rapper a "repeat criminal non supporter" in the document and accused him of intentionally ruining their daughter by not paying the college tuition and medical bills. In the document, Bryan also asked the rapper to be cited for contempt.
Nas, whose real name is Nasir Jones, and Bryan have a 19-year-old daughter, Destiny. The girl served as the inspiration behind Nas' song, "Daughters", in which he blames himself for not being more involved in her life.
"She's my first kid, my first time watching a child become a teen and a little adult before my eyes," Nas told XXL magazine of "Daughters" back then. "That's one of the most important things in my life: she is. I can't get away from talking about it. It's actually one of the first songs I recorded for this album." The song is featured in his LP "Life Is Good".
In other news, the rapper is going to open a sneaker boutique called 12AM Run in Las Vegas. "To me, 12 a.m. sounds like go time in Las Vegas. Run, that's athletics, feet, sneakers, movement. You hit the ground running here in Vegas," he said of the store's name during an interview with Complex.
More Nas News
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album