Jamie Lee Curtis Calls Medics After Friend Suffered Bad Drug Reaction in Car
Jamie Lee Curtis experienced a scary incident on Tuesday night, February 25. The actress called the emergency number that night after a friend apparently got bad drug reaction. According to TMZ, she was trying to bring the friend to the hospital, but the condition got worse and she called 911.
Paramedics responded to her frantic call to their location in Venice, CA at 9 P.M. and found the friend passing out at the back seat of the car. The friend was treated at the hospital and was released hours later.
A representative for Curtis has released a statement addressing the incident. "Jamie and another woman came to the aid of a young friend who was having a violent reaction to a mixture of medication and alcohol," read the statement, as quoted by Us Weekly. "Jamie was going to drive her to the hospital herself but realized she needed immediate medical attention and therefore called 911." The statement continued saying that Curtis' friend was "doing much better."
Curtis recently landed a role on a yet-titled CBS drama. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the series will center on a mother of adult quadruplets who grew up on a reality TV show. Curtis will play the role of the mother, Caroline, who is a physician.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes