Jamie Lee Curtis Calls Medics After Friend Suffered Bad Drug Reaction in Car
Jamie Lee Curtis experienced a scary incident on Tuesday night, February 25. The actress called the emergency number that night after a friend apparently got bad drug reaction. According to TMZ, she was trying to bring the friend to the hospital, but the condition got worse and she called 911.
Paramedics responded to her frantic call to their location in Venice, CA at 9 P.M. and found the friend passing out at the back seat of the car. The friend was treated at the hospital and was released hours later.
A representative for Curtis has released a statement addressing the incident. "Jamie and another woman came to the aid of a young friend who was having a violent reaction to a mixture of medication and alcohol," read the statement, as quoted by Us Weekly. "Jamie was going to drive her to the hospital herself but realized she needed immediate medical attention and therefore called 911." The statement continued saying that Curtis' friend was "doing much better."
Curtis recently landed a role on a yet-titled CBS drama. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the series will center on a mother of adult quadruplets who grew up on a reality TV show. Curtis will play the role of the mother, Caroline, who is a physician.
- Chrissy Teigen Naked in Bed in New Photos
- 'The Flash' Showrunner Promises Season 4 Will Be Fun and Less Dour
- Kourtney Kardashian Shacking Up With Younes Bendjima
- Nicolas Cage's Photo in Kazakhstani Garb Sparks Hilarious Memes on Twitter
- James Franco Unleashes Something Evil in 'The Vault' Trailer
- Tom Holland Wants to Date 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Co-Star Marisa Tomei
- Sara Sampaio Shares Topless Pic From Her Vacation in Mexico
- Henry Cavill's Mustache Will Be Digitally Removed From 'Justice League' Reshoots