Jamie Lee Curtis Calls Medics After Friend Suffered Bad Drug Reaction in Car
Jamie Lee Curtis experienced a scary incident on Tuesday night, February 25. The actress called the emergency number that night after a friend apparently got bad drug reaction. According to TMZ, she was trying to bring the friend to the hospital, but the condition got worse and she called 911.
Paramedics responded to her frantic call to their location in Venice, CA at 9 P.M. and found the friend passing out at the back seat of the car. The friend was treated at the hospital and was released hours later.
A representative for Curtis has released a statement addressing the incident. "Jamie and another woman came to the aid of a young friend who was having a violent reaction to a mixture of medication and alcohol," read the statement, as quoted by Us Weekly. "Jamie was going to drive her to the hospital herself but realized she needed immediate medical attention and therefore called 911." The statement continued saying that Curtis' friend was "doing much better."
Curtis recently landed a role on a yet-titled CBS drama. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the series will center on a mother of adult quadruplets who grew up on a reality TV show. Curtis will play the role of the mother, Caroline, who is a physician.
More Jamie Lee Curtis News
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds