Clay Aiken Officially Files to Run for Congress in North Carolina
Clay Aiken officially joins congressional race in his native North Carolina. The singer, who had previously announced his plans to run for Congress, submitted paperwork on Thursday, February 27 to seek the Democratic nomination in the state's 2nd District.
Also seeking the Democratic nomination are former North Carolina Commerce Secretary Keith Crisco and licensed professional counselor Toni Morris. If Aiken wins the Democratic primary, he will likely face off against Republican Renee Ellmers who currently holds the 2nd District seat.
The 2nd District is considered Republican-leaning, but "The Way" hitmaker believes, "They are enthusiastic about seeing change." He has also expressed confidence in winning the congressional race, "I am comfortable with myself. I am comfortable with the campaign we're running. I am positive that people are going to vote for the person who they think will do the best job, who they think can win in November."
Aiken's campaign has raised more than $100,000 so far, while Ellmers has collected $260,000 for her campaign coffers.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death