Clay Aiken Officially Files to Run for Congress in North Carolina
Clay Aiken officially joins congressional race in his native North Carolina. The singer, who had previously announced his plans to run for Congress, submitted paperwork on Thursday, February 27 to seek the Democratic nomination in the state's 2nd District.
Also seeking the Democratic nomination are former North Carolina Commerce Secretary Keith Crisco and licensed professional counselor Toni Morris. If Aiken wins the Democratic primary, he will likely face off against Republican Renee Ellmers who currently holds the 2nd District seat.
The 2nd District is considered Republican-leaning, but "The Way" hitmaker believes, "They are enthusiastic about seeing change." He has also expressed confidence in winning the congressional race, "I am comfortable with myself. I am comfortable with the campaign we're running. I am positive that people are going to vote for the person who they think will do the best job, who they think can win in November."
Aiken's campaign has raised more than $100,000 so far, while Ellmers has collected $260,000 for her campaign coffers.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role