Scientology Responds to Leah Remini's Latest Comments on the Church
Church of Scientology did not wait long to respond to Leah Remini's comments about the Church. The former "Kings of Queens" star told Buzzfeed in an interview earlier this week that she left the Church for the sake of her 9-year-old daughter Sofia, and because she did not want to be a hypocrite.
A rep of the Church told Us Weekly in an exclusive statement that the actress actually was due to be expelled before she left. "It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini with an insatiable craving for attention would exploit her former faith as a publicity stunt by rewriting her history with it, including omitting that she was participating in a program to remain a Scientologist by her own choice, as she was on the verge of being expelled for her ethical lapses," the rep said.
Remini said she was reminded of her own childhood and how she grew up hating her mother for spending too much time in church. "I started thinking of my own childhood and how I grew up resenting my mother because she was never home," she recalled. "But my mom thought she was doing something good; she thought she was helping the planet. That's what the Church tells you."
She added, "In my house, it's family first - but I was spending most of my time at the Church. So, I was saying 'family first,' but I wasn't showing that. I didn't like the message that sent my daughter." The actress revealed how she went straight to Church after lunch and did not even have time to have a glass of wine because the Church prohibited its members to drink before counseling.
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation