Lea Michele's Cory Monteith Tribute Song 'If You Say So' Surfaces Online
Another cut off Lea Michele's debut album "Louder" has made its way online. After "On My Way" leaked earlier this week, this time fans get the first full listen to a new track called "If You Say So", which was written and recorded for the "Glee" star's late boyfriend Cory Monteith.
In the song, which arrived seven months after Monteith's death, Michele talks about how much she misses her boyfriend. "You said I love you girl/ I said I love you more/ And a breath, a pause, you said, if you say so/ If you say so/ If you say so," she recalls her final conversation with Monteith.
In the last verse, Michele gets more emotional as she reveals how she spent days after her boyfriend died. "I can't believe it's true/ I keep looking for you/ I check my phone and wait to hear from you in a crowded room," she sings. "I thought we would grow old/ Mirrors in the smoke/ Left me here choke."
"Louder" is coming out on March 4. The record, which is led by single "Cannonball", will feature contributions from Sia Furler and Christina Perri among others. The 27-year-old star recently talked about the process of recording the album with Us Weekly.
"I'd sit with Cory and we'd jot down tons of notes about things we wanted to change," she said in an interview for the magazine's newest issue. "I was lucky to have such amazing love. This album is the story of my past two years."
More Lea Michele News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked