'DWTS' Casting Rumors: Cody Simpson in Talks to Join, Juan Pablo 'No Longer Wanted'
With less than a week before "Dancing with the Stars" season 18 kicks off on March 17, the show's producers are hard at work to cast the celebrity contestants. Words on the street are, 17-year-old Australian pop singer Cody Simpson is currently in talks to join the dancing competition.
Juan Pablo Galavis, who stars on "The Bachelor" this season, was reportedly also under serious consideration for a spot on "DWTS", but the producers have had a change of heart about him. A source tells E! News that he's "no longer wanted" on the show because "he's just too risky" and "there's too much negativity at this point."
The official cast line-up of "DWTS" season 18 will be revealed on "Good Morning America" Tuesday, March 4. It has been rumored that "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star NeNe Leakes and "Full House" star Candace Cameron are among the celebrity contestants.
Meanwhile, Erin Andrews has been officially tapped to replace Brooke Burke-Charvet as a co-host alongside Tom Bergeron. "DWTS" judge Carrie Ann Inaba recently admitted she "was floored" to learn that Burke-Charvet was fired from the show.
"We all know this kind of stuff happens in our business and we all have to be prepared and nothing's forever and you have to be willing to change, but it was shocking," she said, adding that immediately texted Burke-Charvet "to see if she was OK." She continued, "I'm not going to lie-I was shocked and saddened."
More Dancing with the Stars News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift