'DWTS' Casting Rumors: Cody Simpson in Talks to Join, Juan Pablo 'No Longer Wanted'
With less than a week before "Dancing with the Stars" season 18 kicks off on March 17, the show's producers are hard at work to cast the celebrity contestants. Words on the street are, 17-year-old Australian pop singer Cody Simpson is currently in talks to join the dancing competition.
Juan Pablo Galavis, who stars on "The Bachelor" this season, was reportedly also under serious consideration for a spot on "DWTS", but the producers have had a change of heart about him. A source tells E! News that he's "no longer wanted" on the show because "he's just too risky" and "there's too much negativity at this point."
The official cast line-up of "DWTS" season 18 will be revealed on "Good Morning America" Tuesday, March 4. It has been rumored that "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star NeNe Leakes and "Full House" star Candace Cameron are among the celebrity contestants.
Meanwhile, Erin Andrews has been officially tapped to replace Brooke Burke-Charvet as a co-host alongside Tom Bergeron. "DWTS" judge Carrie Ann Inaba recently admitted she "was floored" to learn that Burke-Charvet was fired from the show.
"We all know this kind of stuff happens in our business and we all have to be prepared and nothing's forever and you have to be willing to change, but it was shocking," she said, adding that immediately texted Burke-Charvet "to see if she was OK." She continued, "I'm not going to lie-I was shocked and saddened."
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation