Lena Dunham Congratulates Adam Driver on 'Star Wars' Casting
Did Lena Dunham confirm Adam Driver's casting in "Star Wars Episode 7"? Despite lack of word from J.J. Abrams and Disney, she congratulated her "Girls" co-star on Twitter, "We're VERY proud of Adam Driver re: Star Wars. He's about to rip a hole in da force. Is that a thing? I guess I should see those movies?"
Dunham, however, quickly clarified, "I confirm nothing bc I know nothing bc I'm on a plane with my dad! I just like Adam more than almost anyone, and JJ Abrams a whole lot too." The actress added, "Arm Rest Wars: a trilogy about my father and me on this plane that also stars Lamby and a bag of nuts. I'm dumb."
Driver is in talks to play a villainous character which is in the same vein as the iconic Darth Vader. The movie is slated to hit theatres on December 18, 2015. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan polished the original draft penned by Michael Arndt.
Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher are expected to reprise their roles as the classic "Star Wars" trio, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia. Abrams is reportedly also looking to bring back Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, and Warwick Davis from the past "Star Wars" films.
Other rumored cast includes Jesse Plemons, Gary Oldman, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Jack Reynor.
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors