'American Idol' Results: Kristen O'Connor Is the First Eliminated Finalist
"American Idol" has revealed the results of the Top 13 performances. On Thursday, February 27, one singer was sent home based on viewers' votes and the unlucky contestant was Kristen O'Connor.
"I learned a lot," she told host Ryan Seacrest after learning her fate. "From the time I auditioned until right now, I learned so much about myself as a performer." Her elimination didn't come as a surprise though, since Harry Connick Jr. complained that she's out of tune during her performance of Kelly Clarkson's "Beautiful Disaster" on Wednesday night.
The results show opened with a group performance of OneRepublic's "Counting Stars" and Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive". Last year's winner Candice Glover returned to sing a medley of "Cried" and "Same Kinda Man" off her debut album "Music Speaks", while 19-year-old British singer-songwriter Jake Bugg performed "Me and You" from his "Shangri La" album.
Malaya Watson and M.K. Nobilette, whose performances didn't impress the judges either, also landed in the bottom three, but they will still return next Wednesday. The Top 12 will next sing a song about "Home".
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6