'American Idol' Results: Kristen O'Connor Is the First Eliminated Finalist
"American Idol" has revealed the results of the Top 13 performances. On Thursday, February 27, one singer was sent home based on viewers' votes and the unlucky contestant was Kristen O'Connor.
"I learned a lot," she told host Ryan Seacrest after learning her fate. "From the time I auditioned until right now, I learned so much about myself as a performer." Her elimination didn't come as a surprise though, since Harry Connick Jr. complained that she's out of tune during her performance of Kelly Clarkson's "Beautiful Disaster" on Wednesday night.
The results show opened with a group performance of OneRepublic's "Counting Stars" and Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive". Last year's winner Candice Glover returned to sing a medley of "Cried" and "Same Kinda Man" off her debut album "Music Speaks", while 19-year-old British singer-songwriter Jake Bugg performed "Me and You" from his "Shangri La" album.
Malaya Watson and M.K. Nobilette, whose performances didn't impress the judges either, also landed in the bottom three, but they will still return next Wednesday. The Top 12 will next sing a song about "Home".
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl