'American Idol' Results: Kristen O'Connor Is the First Eliminated Finalist
"American Idol" has revealed the results of the Top 13 performances. On Thursday, February 27, one singer was sent home based on viewers' votes and the unlucky contestant was Kristen O'Connor.
"I learned a lot," she told host Ryan Seacrest after learning her fate. "From the time I auditioned until right now, I learned so much about myself as a performer." Her elimination didn't come as a surprise though, since Harry Connick Jr. complained that she's out of tune during her performance of Kelly Clarkson's "Beautiful Disaster" on Wednesday night.
The results show opened with a group performance of OneRepublic's "Counting Stars" and Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive". Last year's winner Candice Glover returned to sing a medley of "Cried" and "Same Kinda Man" off her debut album "Music Speaks", while 19-year-old British singer-songwriter Jake Bugg performed "Me and You" from his "Shangri La" album.
Malaya Watson and M.K. Nobilette, whose performances didn't impress the judges either, also landed in the bottom three, but they will still return next Wednesday. The Top 12 will next sing a song about "Home".
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single