'American Idol' Results: Kristen O'Connor Is the First Eliminated Finalist
"American Idol" has revealed the results of the Top 13 performances. On Thursday, February 27, one singer was sent home based on viewers' votes and the unlucky contestant was Kristen O'Connor.
"I learned a lot," she told host Ryan Seacrest after learning her fate. "From the time I auditioned until right now, I learned so much about myself as a performer." Her elimination didn't come as a surprise though, since Harry Connick Jr. complained that she's out of tune during her performance of Kelly Clarkson's "Beautiful Disaster" on Wednesday night.
The results show opened with a group performance of OneRepublic's "Counting Stars" and Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive". Last year's winner Candice Glover returned to sing a medley of "Cried" and "Same Kinda Man" off her debut album "Music Speaks", while 19-year-old British singer-songwriter Jake Bugg performed "Me and You" from his "Shangri La" album.
Malaya Watson and M.K. Nobilette, whose performances didn't impress the judges either, also landed in the bottom three, but they will still return next Wednesday. The Top 12 will next sing a song about "Home".
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character