'American Idol' Results: Kristen O'Connor Is the First Eliminated Finalist
"American Idol" has revealed the results of the Top 13 performances. On Thursday, February 27, one singer was sent home based on viewers' votes and the unlucky contestant was Kristen O'Connor.
"I learned a lot," she told host Ryan Seacrest after learning her fate. "From the time I auditioned until right now, I learned so much about myself as a performer." Her elimination didn't come as a surprise though, since Harry Connick Jr. complained that she's out of tune during her performance of Kelly Clarkson's "Beautiful Disaster" on Wednesday night.
The results show opened with a group performance of OneRepublic's "Counting Stars" and Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive". Last year's winner Candice Glover returned to sing a medley of "Cried" and "Same Kinda Man" off her debut album "Music Speaks", while 19-year-old British singer-songwriter Jake Bugg performed "Me and You" from his "Shangri La" album.
Malaya Watson and M.K. Nobilette, whose performances didn't impress the judges either, also landed in the bottom three, but they will still return next Wednesday. The Top 12 will next sing a song about "Home".
More American Idol News
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp