Patrick Wilson in Talks to Join Marvel's 'Ant-Man'
Patrick Wilson is in negotiations to play an unspecified role in "Ant-Man", Deadline learns. He is expected to join Michael Douglas who will play Dr. Hank Pym, the inventor of original Ant-Man equipment, and Paul Rudd who will portray Scott Lang, the newer generation of Ant-Man.
Other than the "Last Vegas" star and the "All Is Bright" actor, no other cast member for the Marvel new superhero film has officially been announced. Evangeline Lilly is reportedly courted to play the female lead. Michael Pena is linked to the project as well.
Edgar Wright ("The World's End") directs the pic and co-writes the screenplay with Joe Cornish ("Attack the Block"), while "Gravity" composer Steven Price is tapped to provide the score. The movie is set to make its way out in the United States on July 17, 2015.
After riding on the success of micro-budgeted horror films "Insidious" and "The Conjuring", Wilson will next be seen in Joe Carnahan's action comedy thriller "Stretch". His other new projects include drama "Big Stone Gap" and dramedy "North of Hell".
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer