Patrick Wilson in Talks to Join Marvel's 'Ant-Man'
Patrick Wilson is in negotiations to play an unspecified role in "Ant-Man", Deadline learns. He is expected to join Michael Douglas who will play Dr. Hank Pym, the inventor of original Ant-Man equipment, and Paul Rudd who will portray Scott Lang, the newer generation of Ant-Man.
Other than the "Last Vegas" star and the "All Is Bright" actor, no other cast member for the Marvel new superhero film has officially been announced. Evangeline Lilly is reportedly courted to play the female lead. Michael Pena is linked to the project as well.
Edgar Wright ("The World's End") directs the pic and co-writes the screenplay with Joe Cornish ("Attack the Block"), while "Gravity" composer Steven Price is tapped to provide the score. The movie is set to make its way out in the United States on July 17, 2015.
After riding on the success of micro-budgeted horror films "Insidious" and "The Conjuring", Wilson will next be seen in Joe Carnahan's action comedy thriller "Stretch". His other new projects include drama "Big Stone Gap" and dramedy "North of Hell".
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?