Patrick Wilson in Talks to Join Marvel's 'Ant-Man'
Patrick Wilson is in negotiations to play an unspecified role in "Ant-Man", Deadline learns. He is expected to join Michael Douglas who will play Dr. Hank Pym, the inventor of original Ant-Man equipment, and Paul Rudd who will portray Scott Lang, the newer generation of Ant-Man.
Other than the "Last Vegas" star and the "All Is Bright" actor, no other cast member for the Marvel new superhero film has officially been announced. Evangeline Lilly is reportedly courted to play the female lead. Michael Pena is linked to the project as well.
Edgar Wright ("The World's End") directs the pic and co-writes the screenplay with Joe Cornish ("Attack the Block"), while "Gravity" composer Steven Price is tapped to provide the score. The movie is set to make its way out in the United States on July 17, 2015.
After riding on the success of micro-budgeted horror films "Insidious" and "The Conjuring", Wilson will next be seen in Joe Carnahan's action comedy thriller "Stretch". His other new projects include drama "Big Stone Gap" and dramedy "North of Hell".
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce