Patrick Wilson in Talks to Join Marvel's 'Ant-Man'
Patrick Wilson is in negotiations to play an unspecified role in "Ant-Man", Deadline learns. He is expected to join Michael Douglas who will play Dr. Hank Pym, the inventor of original Ant-Man equipment, and Paul Rudd who will portray Scott Lang, the newer generation of Ant-Man.
Other than the "Last Vegas" star and the "All Is Bright" actor, no other cast member for the Marvel new superhero film has officially been announced. Evangeline Lilly is reportedly courted to play the female lead. Michael Pena is linked to the project as well.
Edgar Wright ("The World's End") directs the pic and co-writes the screenplay with Joe Cornish ("Attack the Block"), while "Gravity" composer Steven Price is tapped to provide the score. The movie is set to make its way out in the United States on July 17, 2015.
After riding on the success of micro-budgeted horror films "Insidious" and "The Conjuring", Wilson will next be seen in Joe Carnahan's action comedy thriller "Stretch". His other new projects include drama "Big Stone Gap" and dramedy "North of Hell".
More Ant-Man News
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies