Michelle Obama to Appear on 'Parks and Recreation' Season Finale
The U.S. First Lady is booking a trip to Pawnee. NBC has announced that Michelle Obama is set to make a guest appearance in the one-hour season 6 finale of "Parks and Recreation" slated to air Thursday, April 24 at 8 P.M.
Mrs. Obama already filmed her scene in the episode titled "Moving Up" in late February in Miami where she celebrated investments in healthier out-of-school programs as part of her "Let's Move" initiative dedicated to solving the challenge of childhood obesity. Series regular Amy Poehler appeared as a special guest at a February 25 event held by Mrs. Obama in Miami.
"Parks and Recreation" has previously had politicians like John McCain, Barbara Boxer, Olympia J. Snowe, Newt Gingrich and Vice President Joe Bidden make cameo appearances. Executive producer Michael Schur recently said he wanted Hillary Clinton as a guest on the show.
"I always imagined the perfect ending to the series," he revealed, "and I hope it's not for a while -- would be a casual piece of B-roll where Leslie is walking through a building in Washington, D.C., and passes Hillary Clinton, and Hillary Clinton says, 'Leslie.' Leslie says, 'Secretary Clinton,' and keeps walking. That might still be five seasons away, but that's the trajectory I would like Leslie to enjoy."
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama