Michelle Obama to Appear on 'Parks and Recreation' Season Finale
The U.S. First Lady is booking a trip to Pawnee. NBC has announced that Michelle Obama is set to make a guest appearance in the one-hour season 6 finale of "Parks and Recreation" slated to air Thursday, April 24 at 8 P.M.
Mrs. Obama already filmed her scene in the episode titled "Moving Up" in late February in Miami where she celebrated investments in healthier out-of-school programs as part of her "Let's Move" initiative dedicated to solving the challenge of childhood obesity. Series regular Amy Poehler appeared as a special guest at a February 25 event held by Mrs. Obama in Miami.
"Parks and Recreation" has previously had politicians like John McCain, Barbara Boxer, Olympia J. Snowe, Newt Gingrich and Vice President Joe Bidden make cameo appearances. Executive producer Michael Schur recently said he wanted Hillary Clinton as a guest on the show.
"I always imagined the perfect ending to the series," he revealed, "and I hope it's not for a while -- would be a casual piece of B-roll where Leslie is walking through a building in Washington, D.C., and passes Hillary Clinton, and Hillary Clinton says, 'Leslie.' Leslie says, 'Secretary Clinton,' and keeps walking. That might still be five seasons away, but that's the trajectory I would like Leslie to enjoy."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival