Michelle Obama to Appear on 'Parks and Recreation' Season Finale
The U.S. First Lady is booking a trip to Pawnee. NBC has announced that Michelle Obama is set to make a guest appearance in the one-hour season 6 finale of "Parks and Recreation" slated to air Thursday, April 24 at 8 P.M.
Mrs. Obama already filmed her scene in the episode titled "Moving Up" in late February in Miami where she celebrated investments in healthier out-of-school programs as part of her "Let's Move" initiative dedicated to solving the challenge of childhood obesity. Series regular Amy Poehler appeared as a special guest at a February 25 event held by Mrs. Obama in Miami.
"Parks and Recreation" has previously had politicians like John McCain, Barbara Boxer, Olympia J. Snowe, Newt Gingrich and Vice President Joe Bidden make cameo appearances. Executive producer Michael Schur recently said he wanted Hillary Clinton as a guest on the show.
"I always imagined the perfect ending to the series," he revealed, "and I hope it's not for a while -- would be a casual piece of B-roll where Leslie is walking through a building in Washington, D.C., and passes Hillary Clinton, and Hillary Clinton says, 'Leslie.' Leslie says, 'Secretary Clinton,' and keeps walking. That might still be five seasons away, but that's the trajectory I would like Leslie to enjoy."
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?