Rihanna Working on Concept Album for DreamWorks' 'Home'
DreamWorks announced on Monday, February 25 that they collaborated with Rihanna to work on a concept album based on a new animated film titled "Home". The Barbadian singer will also be in the movie, giving voice to protagonist Gratuity 'Tip' Tucci.
"In addition to her starring role, Rihanna will record the score for the movie and release an original concept album with songs from the film," DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg said in a conference call to announce the studio's fourth-quarter and 2013 year-end results. Rihanna reportedly will also perform new songs in the film.
Directed by Tim Johnson, "Home (2014)" is based on Adam Rex's 2007 children's book called "The True Meaning of Smekday". A friendly alien race invades Earth and uses it as a hideout from their mortal enemy. When one lowly alien accidentally notifies the enemies of his whereabouts, he is forced to go on the run with a teenage girl, embarking on a comical road trip across a postapocalyptic America and learning what it really means to be human.
The movie also features the voice talents of Jim Parsons, Jennifer Lopez and Steve Martin.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign