Rihanna Working on Concept Album for DreamWorks' 'Home'
DreamWorks announced on Monday, February 25 that they collaborated with Rihanna to work on a concept album based on a new animated film titled "Home". The Barbadian singer will also be in the movie, giving voice to protagonist Gratuity 'Tip' Tucci.
"In addition to her starring role, Rihanna will record the score for the movie and release an original concept album with songs from the film," DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg said in a conference call to announce the studio's fourth-quarter and 2013 year-end results. Rihanna reportedly will also perform new songs in the film.
Directed by Tim Johnson, "Home (2014)" is based on Adam Rex's 2007 children's book called "The True Meaning of Smekday". A friendly alien race invades Earth and uses it as a hideout from their mortal enemy. When one lowly alien accidentally notifies the enemies of his whereabouts, he is forced to go on the run with a teenage girl, embarking on a comical road trip across a postapocalyptic America and learning what it really means to be human.
The movie also features the voice talents of Jim Parsons, Jennifer Lopez and Steve Martin.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered