Rihanna Working on Concept Album for DreamWorks' 'Home'
DreamWorks announced on Monday, February 25 that they collaborated with Rihanna to work on a concept album based on a new animated film titled "Home". The Barbadian singer will also be in the movie, giving voice to protagonist Gratuity 'Tip' Tucci.
"In addition to her starring role, Rihanna will record the score for the movie and release an original concept album with songs from the film," DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg said in a conference call to announce the studio's fourth-quarter and 2013 year-end results. Rihanna reportedly will also perform new songs in the film.
Directed by Tim Johnson, "Home (2014)" is based on Adam Rex's 2007 children's book called "The True Meaning of Smekday". A friendly alien race invades Earth and uses it as a hideout from their mortal enemy. When one lowly alien accidentally notifies the enemies of his whereabouts, he is forced to go on the run with a teenage girl, embarking on a comical road trip across a postapocalyptic America and learning what it really means to be human.
The movie also features the voice talents of Jim Parsons, Jennifer Lopez and Steve Martin.
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head