Eva Longoria and Other Stars Meet Dalai Lama
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 703
Many stars attended a question and answer event with Dalai Lama on Wednesday afternoon, February 26 at the California Science Center. Held by The Lourdes Foundation, the event is aimed at spreading the message of compassion for world peace. According to E! News, the event took place in the same room as the Space Shuttle Endeavour. There were 40 round tables to accommodate the audience.
Celebrities who were present at the event included Sharon Stone, Larry King, Anna Kendrick, Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Eva Longoria, Naomi Watts, Jeremy Renner, Jim Carrey, Nikki Reed, Joshua Jackson, Malin Akerman, Christina Hendricks, Rosario Dawson, Sandra Oh, Amber Valletta, Joanna Krupa and Lisa Vanderpump. The "12 Years a Slave" actress reportedly was among those who arrived first, while Carrey, Renner, Krupa and Vanderpump went in when others had started to take their seat.
According to a source who attended the event, His Holiness entered the room arm-in-arm with Sharon Stone. Eric Benet and David Foster later were introduced to the stage, where Benet sang "What the World Needs Now Is Love" with the audience singing along. "There was a special energy in the room," the source said.
One of the questions which was asked at the event was the content of His Holiness' bag. The source explained that the canvas bag had two chocolate bars, sunglasses in a case, travel toothpaste, a clay statue of Buddha and a thermometer. "I feel younger than I am, feeling young doesn't affect your real age," he said when asked about his age.
Some of the stars took to Twitter and WhoSay to share their experiences that day. "Got to playfight with the Dalai Lama today. What a lucky love filled life I have. What a sweet soul he is," Carrey wrote. "Wish everyone had the same views as the Dalai Lama. Our world would b filled w kindness and compassion," Krupa tweeted. "An honour to be invited @DalaiLama ..#empathy #compassion #inspirational," Vanderpump said in a post.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart