Sam Worthington Hit With Restraining Order After Allegedly Punching a Paparazzo
Sam Worthington appeared on Manhattan Criminal Court in New York on Wednesday, February 26 following a run-in with a photographer in New York City's Greenwich Village. He was arraigned on assault charges for allegedly punching the photographer, Sheng Li.
During the hearing, the Australian actor was hit with a restraining order, barring him from contact with photographer Li for six months. He was also charged with two 2 counts of third-degree assault, 1 count of attempted assault, and 1 count of harassment. He faces up to one year in jail if convicted.
Wearing a dark coat on top of a white shirt, the "Wrath of the Titans" star looked grim as he left the court. He also sported a ring on his left ring finger, fueling rumors that he and his girlfriend Lara Bingle were secretly married.
Worthington was involved in an altercation with the paparazzo on Sunday. According to the criminal complaint, the 37-year-old star hit Li "with a closed fist several times on his face, causing a laceration to the bridge of his nose and substantial pain." He, however, claimed that he was just protecting his girlfriend Bingle who was allegedly kicked in the shins by the photographer.
Worthington did not enter a plea and is due back in court May 8.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert