Sam Worthington Hit With Restraining Order After Allegedly Punching a Paparazzo
Sam Worthington appeared on Manhattan Criminal Court in New York on Wednesday, February 26 following a run-in with a photographer in New York City's Greenwich Village. He was arraigned on assault charges for allegedly punching the photographer, Sheng Li.
During the hearing, the Australian actor was hit with a restraining order, barring him from contact with photographer Li for six months. He was also charged with two 2 counts of third-degree assault, 1 count of attempted assault, and 1 count of harassment. He faces up to one year in jail if convicted.
Wearing a dark coat on top of a white shirt, the "Wrath of the Titans" star looked grim as he left the court. He also sported a ring on his left ring finger, fueling rumors that he and his girlfriend Lara Bingle were secretly married.
Worthington was involved in an altercation with the paparazzo on Sunday. According to the criminal complaint, the 37-year-old star hit Li "with a closed fist several times on his face, causing a laceration to the bridge of his nose and substantial pain." He, however, claimed that he was just protecting his girlfriend Bingle who was allegedly kicked in the shins by the photographer.
Worthington did not enter a plea and is due back in court May 8.
- Will Smith Deals With Mythical Creatures in 'Bright' First Teaser
- Ryan Gosling, Felicity Jones, Emma Stone and More Read Oscars Edition of 'Mean Tweets'
- John Legend Performs 'La La Land' Soundtracks Perfectly at Oscars
- Ariana Grande Gets People Making Out in Public in 'Everyday' Music Video Ft. Future
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- Pregnant Cheryl Moves In With Beau Liam Payne as They Prepare for Baby's Arrival
- Kylie Jenner Is Rushing to Get Married to Tyga
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion