Sam Worthington Hit With Restraining Order After Allegedly Punching a Paparazzo
Sam Worthington appeared on Manhattan Criminal Court in New York on Wednesday, February 26 following a run-in with a photographer in New York City's Greenwich Village. He was arraigned on assault charges for allegedly punching the photographer, Sheng Li.
During the hearing, the Australian actor was hit with a restraining order, barring him from contact with photographer Li for six months. He was also charged with two 2 counts of third-degree assault, 1 count of attempted assault, and 1 count of harassment. He faces up to one year in jail if convicted.
Wearing a dark coat on top of a white shirt, the "Wrath of the Titans" star looked grim as he left the court. He also sported a ring on his left ring finger, fueling rumors that he and his girlfriend Lara Bingle were secretly married.
Worthington was involved in an altercation with the paparazzo on Sunday. According to the criminal complaint, the 37-year-old star hit Li "with a closed fist several times on his face, causing a laceration to the bridge of his nose and substantial pain." He, however, claimed that he was just protecting his girlfriend Bingle who was allegedly kicked in the shins by the photographer.
Worthington did not enter a plea and is due back in court May 8.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death