As I Lay Dying's Singer Tim Lambesis Pleads Guilty to Trying to Hire Hitman to Kill Wife
Tim Lambesis, the singer of Grammy-nominated heavy metal group As I Lay Dying, pleaded guilty to trying to hire a man to kill his estranged wife Meggan on Tuesday, February 25 in a San Diego court, PEOPLE reports. Lambesis was arrested in May 2013 and is currently free on a $2 million bond.
He allegedly met an undercover agent who posed as a hitman after an acquaintance arranged the meeting. The singer then was said giving the agent an envelope with $1,000 in it, a photo of his wife, her address and security code. Lambesis also asked the hitman to carry out the mission when their children were with him to create an alibi.
According to the agent's statement at preliminary hearing, the vocalist wanted to kill Meggan because she did not allow their children to go on tour with him. She also would receive large portion of his income after she filed for divorce in 2012.
The singer is now facing up to 9 years in jail and a $10,000 fine. He will be sentenced on May 2 in Vista Superior Court, north of San Diego.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death