As I Lay Dying's Singer Tim Lambesis Pleads Guilty to Trying to Hire Hitman to Kill Wife
Tim Lambesis, the singer of Grammy-nominated heavy metal group As I Lay Dying, pleaded guilty to trying to hire a man to kill his estranged wife Meggan on Tuesday, February 25 in a San Diego court, PEOPLE reports. Lambesis was arrested in May 2013 and is currently free on a $2 million bond.
He allegedly met an undercover agent who posed as a hitman after an acquaintance arranged the meeting. The singer then was said giving the agent an envelope with $1,000 in it, a photo of his wife, her address and security code. Lambesis also asked the hitman to carry out the mission when their children were with him to create an alibi.
According to the agent's statement at preliminary hearing, the vocalist wanted to kill Meggan because she did not allow their children to go on tour with him. She also would receive large portion of his income after she filed for divorce in 2012.
The singer is now facing up to 9 years in jail and a $10,000 fine. He will be sentenced on May 2 in Vista Superior Court, north of San Diego.
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'