Pippa Middleton Jokes About Royal Wedding Outfit, Says It Fit 'Too Well'
Pippa Middleton, the younger sister of Kate Middleton, has spoken about her attention-grabbing dress at the wedding of her sister and Prince William in 2011. At that time, the bridesmaid wore an Ivory Alexander McQueen dress which accentuated her curves.
Pippa was at the Women in Advertising and Communications dinner in London on Tuesday, February 25 when she mentioned the dress. "As I have found out, recognition has its upside, its downside and - you may say - its backside," she told the audience members, which included her mother Carole Middleton.
She additionally said that she was "glad it fit," but added, "In retrospect it fit a little too well." Pippa also shared that she was nervous about the wedding and could not sleep for two nights.
"It was the first time she's made a speech of this kind but you wouldn't have known it, she was so relaxed. It was unbelievable how open she was - I don't think anyone was expecting that," a guest at the event told U.K.'s Mirror. "She talked about the royal wedding and her career since. She came across as really grateful for the opportunities but also talked about the pitfalls of her position."
Talking about her career, Pippa said she was hurt by accusations that she cashed in her connection with the royal family by writing book, magazine and newspaper columns. The 30-year-old author also said that the negative response to her party-planning book "Celebrate", which was only sold 18,000, was "difficult."
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Are Moving to L.A.
- Sara Sampaio Flashes Her Nipple in Sheer Dress at Milan Fashion Week