Pippa Middleton Jokes About Royal Wedding Outfit, Says It Fit 'Too Well'
Pippa Middleton, the younger sister of Kate Middleton, has spoken about her attention-grabbing dress at the wedding of her sister and Prince William in 2011. At that time, the bridesmaid wore an Ivory Alexander McQueen dress which accentuated her curves.
Pippa was at the Women in Advertising and Communications dinner in London on Tuesday, February 25 when she mentioned the dress. "As I have found out, recognition has its upside, its downside and - you may say - its backside," she told the audience members, which included her mother Carole Middleton.
She additionally said that she was "glad it fit," but added, "In retrospect it fit a little too well." Pippa also shared that she was nervous about the wedding and could not sleep for two nights.
"It was the first time she's made a speech of this kind but you wouldn't have known it, she was so relaxed. It was unbelievable how open she was - I don't think anyone was expecting that," a guest at the event told U.K.'s Mirror. "She talked about the royal wedding and her career since. She came across as really grateful for the opportunities but also talked about the pitfalls of her position."
Talking about her career, Pippa said she was hurt by accusations that she cashed in her connection with the royal family by writing book, magazine and newspaper columns. The 30-year-old author also said that the negative response to her party-planning book "Celebrate", which was only sold 18,000, was "difficult."
More Pippa Middleton News
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed