Asher Roth Releases 'Tangerine Girl', Announces 'RetroHash' Album Release Date
It's been five years since Asher Roth broke into the music business with his hit "I Love College" and debut album "Asleep in the Bread Aisle". The Pennsylvania-born MC is now preparing his new album and he lets fans taste his new music by debuting a new song called "Tangerine Girl".
The track, which arrived via Billboard on Wednesday, February 26, is smooth and mainly instrumental-driven. Roth's vocals emerge at the two-and-a-half-minute mark, rapping, "Bad to the, bad to the, bad to the bone/ With real clothes, I shoulda known/ Heels on her toes to be matching her coat/ And jewels on the low just to add to the show."
Roth is planning to release his second album "RetroHash", which is an anagram for his name, on April 22. The project was produced entirely by the Blended Babies and will feature collaborations with ZZ Ward and Vic Mensa.
The rapper has explained that the album is also influenced by his relocation from the Philadelphia area to sunny Los Angeles. "RetroHash, as a whole, is a record of renewal and self-discovery," he told Billboard. "It's not Asher trying to be this or that - it's just me trying to be me."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic