Asher Roth Releases 'Tangerine Girl', Announces 'RetroHash' Album Release Date
It's been five years since Asher Roth broke into the music business with his hit "I Love College" and debut album "Asleep in the Bread Aisle". The Pennsylvania-born MC is now preparing his new album and he lets fans taste his new music by debuting a new song called "Tangerine Girl".
The track, which arrived via Billboard on Wednesday, February 26, is smooth and mainly instrumental-driven. Roth's vocals emerge at the two-and-a-half-minute mark, rapping, "Bad to the, bad to the, bad to the bone/ With real clothes, I shoulda known/ Heels on her toes to be matching her coat/ And jewels on the low just to add to the show."
Roth is planning to release his second album "RetroHash", which is an anagram for his name, on April 22. The project was produced entirely by the Blended Babies and will feature collaborations with ZZ Ward and Vic Mensa.
The rapper has explained that the album is also influenced by his relocation from the Philadelphia area to sunny Los Angeles. "RetroHash, as a whole, is a record of renewal and self-discovery," he told Billboard. "It's not Asher trying to be this or that - it's just me trying to be me."
- New 'Bachelor in Paradise' Couple! Amanda Stanton and Robby Hayes Spotted on a Date
- Anne Hathaway Eyed to Replace Amy Schumer in Live-Action 'Barbie'
- 'Exhausted' Justin Bieber Cancels the Rest of 'Purpose' Tour Dates
- Rihanna Fuels Pregnancy Rumors With Bigger Boobs at 'Valerian' European Premiere
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Grey's Anatomy', 'The Good Doctor' and More
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat